Principal DevOps Engineer
*** RELOCATION AVAILABLE***
We are at the forefront of change in the rapidly evolving lending market. mello™, the Greek word for “future,” was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello™ is just the beginning… loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideas—it’s a perfect match. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for providing senior level support in building, deploying, maintaining and automating our software development pipeline from source control through production. Works closely with operations as a developer, or with development as an Operations professional. The principal role provides technical leadership and mentorship to junior team members. Ensures the performance of all duties is in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops tools and implements processes to deploy internally developed applications.
2. Designs and implements monitoring strategies for private and public cloud deployments.
3. Moves from classic stack of IIS to Microservices containers Cloud.
4. Works closely with other development/architecture teams to ensure rapid, robust and scalable application delivery.
5. Diagnoses complex systems issues with multiple influencing factors. Reports to executives and engineers on incident status and root cause analysis.
6. Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
STANDARD DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
• Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
• Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
• Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple products in production, stage, QA and development environments.
JOB DESCRIPTION DEVOPS ENGINEER PRINCIPAL
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
Page 2 of 3
• Demonstrates deep technical knowledge of DNS, Load Balancing, Virtualization, and Containerization.
• Demonstrates strong working knowledge of HA/DR requirements to meet business SLA.
• Demonstrates strong working knowledge of SQL queries, software architecture and database hardware architecture.
• Strong knowledge of security related technologies, such as logging, encryption, directory services, certificates, TLS, and firewalls.
• Demonstrates strong working knowledge of multi-datacenter and stretched DC.
• Demonstrates strong working knowledge of cloud-based services, such as Azure and AWS.
• Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred and a minimum of ten (10) + years’ experience working in a similar field.
• Preferred experience in: Windows Server Administration, Scripting/Automation (Powershell), Webserver Administration (IIS), Source Control Administration (Git & TFS), Issue Tracking Administration (Jira), Active-Active Datacenter Deployments and Administration (F5), Cloud Services (Azure/AWS), Containers and Container Management (Docker/Kubemetes) is a plus, and/or Software Development (C#).
- Work at loanDepot’s technology HQ in Irvine, the mello™ Innovation Lab, including slide, ping pong, foosball, and more
- Opportunity to work for leader in the FinTech mortgage space along with industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
- Unlimited time off (DTO)
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match