Staff Loan Accountant - Temp
loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us.loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
The Accountant will provide management with financial information by researching and analyzing loan accounting and related transactions
- Perform functions such as maintaining schedules, compiling reports, reviewing loan accounting transactions and assisting with month review and close.
- Make entries to the general ledger, as well as analyze and implement process improvements along with management.
- Analyze accounting reports, general ledgers, accounts payable and receivable detail.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and be able to quickly familiarize self with accounting software.
- Prepare reports by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system.
- Develop spreadsheet reports.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Work on special projects as management requests.
- 1-2 years of Accounting experience.
- Experience within mortgage industry is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel required.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.