Sr Database Engineer
We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello™, the Greek word for “future,” was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello™ is just the beginning… loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideas—it’s a perfect match. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for delivering senior-level innovative, compelling, coherent software solutions for our consumer, internal operations and value chain constituents across a wide variety of enterprise applications through the creation of discrete business services and their supporting components. The job duties and requirements are defined for the backend. The senior role provides technical leadership and mentorship to junior team members. This position ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Establishes database management systems, standards, guidelines and quality assurance for database deliverables, such as conceptual design, logical design, capacity planning, performance management planning data interface specifications, data volume planning, data maintenance planning and security policies.
- Build and maintain data architecture frameworks to support the database development and administration of the database management systems, preferably SQL Server, Azure SQL, and Snowflake.
- Provides database design review, code review, guidelines for the application development teams throughout the development life cycle.
- Analyzes and evaluate queries and processes with degraded performance and provide tuning recommendations.
- Develop and/or maintain data projects as a product owner.
- Evaluates emerging tools, technologies, methodologies and shares the results.
- Documents and communicates standards, policies and guidelines with the application teams and Enterprise Data and Business Intelligence teams.
- Provides expertise in devising, negotiating and defending our database design specifications.
- Adapts business requirements, develops alongside application modeling/development staff and systems engineers, and devises our database specifications for applications.
- Determines appropriateness of data in accordance with optimal storage organization.
- Proven ability to work with internal teams, external partners, vendors and drive
- Writes and analyzes complex T-SQL code. Understands and interprets the details of query execution plans and code and can tune query performance based on these details without solely relying on the suggestions that are provided by query execution plans.
- Builds, analyzes and interprets data models. Understands the concepts behind normalization and denormalization. Uses relational algebra to derive query strategies.
- Expertise working with high volume OLTP databases. Understands the concepts behind ACID database design, transaction handling and transaction management
- Experiences with indexing and performance tuning for the complex queries written by the application developers or BI analysts.
- Experience in Visual Studio 2015/2017 with SSDT to develop enterprise SQL Databases and ETL processes.
- Experience supporting database migration automation using SSDT is preferred.
- Experience in development life cycle using one or more source/version control systems. Understanding on branching and merging strategies.
- Ability to determine methods and procedures for new assignments and coordinate activities of other personnel.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work collaboratively with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Excels in a rapid iteration environment with short turnaround times.
- Proficient with agile development methodology.
- Requires 6-8 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- DTO in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.