Regional Operations Manager
Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary employees.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
The Regional Operations Manager oversees the operational success of their specified site location or identified geographic area.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with internal business partners, including National Processing Manager and VP Credit and Risk, to ensure the operations team is meeting expectations and delivering excellent service.
- Translate and communicate senior management vision, strategy and business objectives to site staff.
- Collaborate with sales production staff and other internal/external departments to establish loan performance expectations and monitor quality assurance and timeliness of processing / underwriting / closing workflow.
- Provide direction to processing/underwriting/closing team members regarding complex files.
- Partner with Compliance on audit actions.
- Monitor and maintain established operations turn time and quality standards across processing, underwriting, closing.
- Educate team members on procedure or industry guideline changes.
- Oversee top priority or sensitive loan applications to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Manage workflow consistent with business needs.
- Participate in special projects and company-wide initiatives when needed.
- Maintain and ensure a high level of data integrity on all products originating from the site.
- Coach team members on best practices across technical, project management, and behavioral arenas.
- Review operational scorecards to determine root cause of exceptions and detect trends. Identify training opportunities, potential system or process enhancements, and performance development needs.
- Review quality of file submissions with production / sales management on a monthly basis.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding of operations staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
- 5 or more years of successful processing or underwriting technical / program / organizational leadership experience in the mortgage lending industry with a minimum of 4 years leading site operations or corporate operations in the mortgage industry.
- Extensive experience in a variety of mortgage industry roles, companies, and products / programs / process.
- Extensive knowledge of government and conventional loan programs and underwriting guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to grow a site operations footprint from the ground up.
- Experience with complex loan processing tools / systems / software and underwriting tools and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or other applicable area preferred.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- DTO, in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.