Sr Software Architect - Digital Experience
We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello™, the Greek word for “future,” was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello™ is just the beginning… loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideas—it’s a perfect match. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
As our Sr. Software Architect you will be taking ownership of creating quality and optimal software solution designs to meet the business objectives while working with other senior members of the team. You will act as our technology expert with project teams to address systems, software integration and compatibility issues. Additionally, works with subject matter experts in other IT areas to arrive at an optimal design. You will be responsible for core functional and technical requirements and work with project teams to create a conceptual design & a high level design/architectural framework for solutions to support business objectives in accordance with enterprise architecture governance.
- Design and apply best-of-breed, enterprise class: applications, services, and solutions to meet business objectives on large-scale technology projects; evaluates impact on integration, reliability, performance, scalability, flexibility and maintainability.
- Ensure the solution architecture identified will support the business objectives, striking a balance between practical designs and alignment with the architectural vision.
- Architect and Design mobile applications (iOS and Android) and responsive web applications, API integration with backend systems
- Create and maintain UX/UI style guidelines to ensure consistency in all our customer interactions and to assist with development
- Research and analyze competitive SEO/SEM strategies, lead the strategic direction of the SEO function by creating technical SEO plan
- Craft design artifacts like personas, wireframes, journey maps, experience maps, user flows and prototypes to test, evangelize design ideas
- Analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly mobile and web analytics and recommend organic customer growth strategies to business
- Serve as SEO/SEM subject matter expert for content writers, digital product teams and technology teams
- Collaboratively and passionately foster a digital transformation culture by partnering with Marketing, Customer Service and software development teams
- Work with other architects in leading domain analysis and the creation of an executable architecture with design artifacts; conceptual & high level design and use-case model & actor identification.
- Reports to, and consults with, other architects and IT management on project status and strategies.
- Develop and present design artifacts & prototypes to audiences of various levels & disciplines.
- Establish and defend the credibility of scope definitions, project schedules, priorities, risks, an overall development plan and deployment.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior and senior engineers.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- 10+ Years of Experience architecting high-quality scalable, maintainable mobile native (iOS and Android) and responsive web applications.
- Proven experience in using Interactive Design, UX / UI Design best practices for iOS, Android, and responsive web applications
- Implement security standards and frameworks such as OAuth, SAML, Single Sign On, Mobile Device Management, etc.
- Awareness of ADA requirements and user interaction standard methodologies
- 5+ years of experience with complex enterprise integrations, with preference for experience integrating on premise and cloud based capabilities (PAAS, SAAS) preferably in Microsoft Azure.
- 8+ years hands on development with Microsoft .NET technologies: WebAPI, ASP.NET, .Net Core in a performance oriented, high reliability environment is a big plus.
- Experience in successfully managing and implementing SEO initiatives for enterprise websites
- Experience working with SEO tools – Webmaster Tools, Majestic, Search metrics etc.
- Ability to work with various types of data to develop and analyze trends and insights
- Expertise in REACT, Angular, HTML5, CSS3, API integration, Proficient with React Native and Redux. TypeScript.
- Automated testing experience for mobile application - Selenium, Appium, XCUITest, Swift, Espresso, TestNG
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, Axure, Balsamiq is a plus
- Significant experience in the field of Service Oriented Architecture, including excellence in designing and implementing multi-tiered, enterprise applications and packages (.NET Core, SQL Server, and other Microsoft technologies).
- Significant experience with web services (REST preferred, SOAP/WCF a plus).
- Preferred experience in windows server administration, scripting/automation (PowerShell), webserver administration (VMware), source control administration (Visual Studio & TFS), issue tracking administration (Jira), active-active datacenter deployments and administration (F5), and/or software development (C#).
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and a minimum of thirteen (13) + years’ experience working in a similar field.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.