Chief Compliance Officer
Linden Lab is the creator and steward of the world’s largest, most successful, completely user-generated virtual worlds platform. We are searching for a Compliance Officer to oversee and manage the company-wide regulatory compliance program, policies, and operations, including security risk management.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including federal and state regulators.
- Oversee coordination of contact with money transmission licenses (MTLs) and issues related to money transmission licenses for our state, federal, and international regulators, our external payments counsel and bank/payment processor compliance departments; respond quickly and thoroughly to requests pertaining to license applications, license maintenance and license renewals.
- Manage audit and exam related initiatives, including audit plans, schedule, and periodic assessments
- Seek innovative solutions while applying a risk-based approach
- Develop and maintain effective policies and procedures that ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to: AML, OFAC, MT obligations, consumer protection, GLBA/privacy, security, etc.
- Oversee compliance metrics to ensure resources are properly aligned with existing and future compliance (including security) initiatives.
- Evaluate internal and external tools supporting day-to-day compliance operations, which include the Customer Identification Program, suspicious activity reporting, OFAC screening, etc.
- Report to the Board of Directors on a periodic basis regarding the state of compliance and the compliance program’s overall effectiveness.
- Review the accuracy of suspicious activity reports (SARs) prior to the reports being submitted via the BSA e-filing system.
- Work directly with federal and state regulators to address existing and future compliance obligations pertaining to a MSB/MT.
- Oversee anti-fraud department and anti-fraud efforts, payment operations, information security policy and internal auditing.
- Scopes and evaluates new business opportunities related to the payment entity’s proposed third party/white label service.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willingness to expand compliance operations to continually support regulatory compliance while operating in a fast-paced environment
- Proven expertise in the laws and regulations pertaining to MSBs/MTs
Desired; not required
- CFE and/or CISA
- Start-up experience
- Payments background
- Former regulator at the federal/state banking agencies
- Vendor management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in or equivalent academic training and experience
- CAMS certification
- 10+ years of experience in the following areas: AML compliance, risk management, security management, consumer protection, GLBA/privacy, & MT state compliance.
- Ability to manage a group of team members with various risk and compliance skill set
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.