Senior Software Engineer, Game Engine (Sansar)
Opening to the public in early 2017, Sansar will allow users to easily create and share dazzling, immersive social VR experiences. Sansar tech and tools allow creators to monetize their work utilizing an online marketplace and virtual currency.
Our engineering team is building Sansar’s proprietary technology from the ground up. We have accomplished so much, yet there is still a wide breadth of projects for the curious engineer who wants to be on the cutting edge of VR and next gen technology. If you like solving challenges beyond anything you’ve ever done, particularly in videogames, we want to talk to you.
You name it, we’re doing it; building an MMO engine and the infrastructure to support a system for optimizing user-generated content.
You’re an experienced Engine SW Engineer whose interest is piqued by working on new, highly optimized, multi-threaded, engine technology that will give users an unforgettable VR experience. You will also work on integrating our product with third party tech such as Havok to enable a user-designed world to perform across multiple platforms at speeds conducive to VR. You’ll also be happily working with a variety of teams to ensure you’ve given them the best ways to enable performance and usable APIs for this system. In addition you’ll work on the core APIs that enable our users to build their next-gen VR content with feedback mechanisms built in to detect optimization opportunities.
What you’ll do:
• Architect core engine systems used by the rest of the engineering team
• Ensure that code is clean, easy to use, free of bugs and reliable.
• Practice “code ownership” using clean and readable code comments.
• Lead and participate in design discussions.
• Provide day-to-day technical leadership in a collaborative fashion within the team, as well as across the company.
• Mentor and serve as a technical resource for the team, assisting in the resolution of complex problems
• Collaborate with other engineers in an iterative, agile development environment with a focus on shipping code and achieving practical results.
• Participate in code reviews, whiteboard discussions, standups, and pair-programming on a daily basis
Efficiency and effectiveness
• Work independently, with limited supervision to complete assigned projects.
• Be present and available for the core work schedule (core hours) as defined by team management.
• Be proactive; identify technical and developmental risks and obstacles, and help generate solutions.
*Other duties may be assigned
What you'll need:
• A proven ability to program and optimize C++; with a focus on one or more of the following specialties: Engine, Tools, Graphics, Networking, Audio, Physics, User Interface, AI.
• Demonstrated ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code.
• Self motivated with well-developed ability to work efficiently and independently.
• Time management skills with ability to adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to provide reasonable estimates for assigned work.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate as member of a team and work toward team goals.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• A high degree of proficiency in either C or C++
• Minimum of 10 years experience as a professional software engineer
• Experience with real-time programming
• Experience with physics programming (Havok)
• Experience authoring high-performance, multi-threaded code
• Experience directing software engineers
• MMO development experience
• Shipped AAA game
• Experience with game engines (e.g. Unreal, Unity)