Linden Lab, a pioneer in the creation of virtual worlds, is poised for the public launch of “Sansar”, a social virtual reality platform that will democratize the creation of VR experiences. Linden Lab has been in business since 2003 and is best known for “Second Life”, the world’s largest user-generated economy.
As a Fraud Specialist at Linden Lab’s payments subsidiary, you will play a critical role in helping the company detect, intercept and neutralize fraud on its Second Life and Sansar platforms. You will review escalations, resolve cases and work with the fraud and compliance teams on complex investigations.
The ideal candidate for this position will be extremely detailed oriented and possess excellent communication skills.
Detect fraud. Investigate escalated fraud situations. Routinely audit completed fraud cases. Collaborate across various teams to help conduct investigations.
- Detect and investigate fraud on Tilia supported platforms.
- Recognize new and/or emerging patterns in escalated fraud cases.
- Identify gaps and inefficiencies in processes and recommend process changes or vendor solutions to optimize anti-fraud measures.
- Contribute to investigations initiated by the Fraud Manager or Senior Fraud Analyst.
- Communicate case resolutions to customers as appropriate.
- Escalate high $ fraud cases to the compliance team and provide insight into any fraud-related suspicious activity investigations.
- Execute ad hoc tasks that may include processing refunds, tracking L$ movement and researching links between residents.
- Participate in brainstorming solutions to key fraud issues (e.g. the “Major Case Squad” initiative).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Google sheets.
- Experience with Salesforce, customer service databases and fraud detection tools.
- Extremely high attention to detail and exceptional organizational ability.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, both technical and non-technical.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 1-3 years experience in e-commerce, payments, fraud or compliance.
- Customer service experience in a related field.
- Experience handling cases and investigations related to e-commerce, online payments or gaming.
- Experience with payment disputes and charge backs.
- Investigative experience in a related field.
No travel required
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.