Land Product Specialist
Linden Lab is the creator of Second Life the world’s largest, most successful, completely user-generated virtual world ever.
Linden Lab is expanding our talented Land Operations team. In addition to providing support for Mainland parcel requests and land billing issues, this role is responsible for qualifying and delivering Educational and NonProfit Islands, performing cloning and archiving duties, and maintaining the groups under tier project.
- Maintain Mainland and Private Island product operations
- Qualify and deliver Educational and NonProfit Island orders
- Maintain groups under tier project
- Perform cloning and archiving as required
- Provide direct customer support for Community Gateways, Mainland, Private Island product operations, account, and Land billing issues
- Assist with monitoring and enforcement of various Land ownership programs
- Provide Mainland auction queue management assistance and support
- Develop and enhance user stories for new Land product features
- Assist with managing Private Island cancellations / distressed estates outreach program
- Prioritize and channel customer concerns and product feedback to relevant departments
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication skills, including superb interpersonal and nonverbal communication aptitude across various settings including in world, chat, telephone, and writing.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and communicate with multiple individuals at once.
- Demonstrated ability to think and work as part of a team, to integrate with others and to show personal initiative when necessary
- Analytical, creative thinking and problem-solving capabilities
- English language fluency
- Flexibility to work weekends, evenings and non-traditional hours
- Advanced Second Life product knowledge is preferred.
- A well-developed sense of humor, a thick skin, and a positive outlook are a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent academic training and experience.
- Prior experience with Unix shell commands
- Prior experience with Second Life and/or technical support experience with established online MMO games or communities, is preferred
- Preferably held a prior Second Life support position
Occasional travel to our Atlanta and San Francisco offices.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.