Director of Product Design, VR UX (Sansar)
Linden Lab is the creator of the world’s largest, most successful, completely user-generated virtual worlds platform. Have you heard what we’re doing next?
If uncharted territory excites you and you are ready to take on cross platform social experiences for VR, mobile and PC, we are looking for you to help us build the future.
We are seeking a visionary and passionate creative professional to lead and manage the UX and Design team for our next generation product. Be the VR design evangelist for the tech world.
What you’ll do:
- This is a senior leadership role that owns the look, feel, and usability of Sansar across all of its properties, both in app, VR, and on the web.
- Oversee the creation of design specifications and design standards in the form of storyboards, prototypes, wireframes, and workflows
- Collaborate with internal and external partners (Oculus, HTC, etc..) to incorporate new information about user experience in VR.
- Manage a team of designers to implement Sansar’s product and design strategy across the various supported platforms.
- Partner with our VP of Product to establish the best possible product experience.
- Be the voice of our multiple user types across a variety of organizations and levels.
- Maintain brand standards and visual polish.
What you’ll need:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior experience architecting and implementing a holistic design across large scale consumer software products.
- Deep expertise spanning UX strategy, experience/interaction design, user research/assessment, prototyping, visual design, and user adoption.
- A passion for VR.
- An appetite for learning and absorbing new technology and trends, with an ability to stay current with new and evolving technologies.
- Ability to use creative thinking to go beyond the obvious to find solutions.
- A keen sense for product tradeoffs and delivering simple and intuitive products that just work.
- Superlative communication and presentation skills: you can communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and design details both verbally and visually.
- Ability to facilitate a group process, elicit contributions from group members, stimulate focused group discussions, and achieve a desired outcome.
- Experience & Education
7+ years of relevant work experience in research, UX, and product design
- 3+ years Building and leading high performing user-centered design team
- Roles at this level typically require a degree in art/design or computer science and 10+ years relevant experience.
UX Design portfolio
No travel requirements
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.