Director of Product Management - Consumer (Sansar)
Linden Lab is building the definitive next generation VR and virtual experience platform in Sansar and we're seeking an experienced Product Manager to help drive the consumer experience for this exciting new medium.
Lead cross-functional product development for the timely creation and execution of the Sansar product roadmap with an emphasis on end consumer growth, engagement, and monetization. This position will be the de-facto owner of all end consumer related initiatives and will help to define the future consumption of VR experiences within Sansar.
- Define Sansar product strategy, roadmap, and specifications while also managing the development cycle to achieve key corporate objectives and goals
- Research, develop, and iterate on key VR user experiences as it pertains to socialization, user interface, and commerce.
- Own competitive analysis for the social VR landscape and shape product positioning against the market
- Develop go-to-market strategy for Sansar as the product addresses key verticals across international markets
- Communicate product status, key issues and launch plans to constituents across the organization including engineering, BD, marketing, technical, and service support teams.
- Manage team of 1-2 product managers to achieve milestones as defined by product roadmap
- Initiate, foster and maintain positive working relationships with internal stakeholders critical to both current and future development process.
*Other duties may be assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analytic approach to product development, including data analysis, A/B testing, and behavior tracking.
- Demonstrated success building, motivating and leading teams to successfully reach their goals and beyond.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to know what types of product features will have the most impact from a user experience perspective and be able to assess the feasibility of producing new product features.
- Assertive and motivated team player, able to work in a team environment with maturity and leadership.
- Mobile or social gaming experience a plus.
- Personal interest in the VR area, follows latest tech, innovation
BA, BS or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of product management experience in a consumer related digital product that has achieved scale
- Experience working with new technologies such as VR (Virtual Reality) or AR (Augmented Reality) a plus
No travel required.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.