Senior Director, Growth Marketing
Linden Lab is the creator of the world’s largest, most successful, completely user-generated virtual worlds platform. Have you heard what we’re doing next?
If uncharted territory excites you and you are ready to take on growing a global audience for Sansar, the world’s leading social VR platform, we are looking for you to help us build the future.
We are seeking a visionary and passionate creative professional to lead and manage the Sansar Marketing team. Be at the forefront of VR and virtual world building where tech meets entertainment!
As a senior member of the Linden Lab organization, you’re responsible for shaping innovative customer-focused programs to grow a global audience and drive strong business metrics. Your focus as Senior Director of Marketing will include oversight of a small dynamic team driving customer insights, marcomm, performance marketing, IRL and virtual events, community, and product strategy for Sansar. You will have direct hands-on ownership as well as cross-functional coordination with teams including Business Development, Product/UX Management, Customer Service, and Engineering.
The role requires a passion for creativity, a focus on growth, a commitment to action-oriented analysis, a relentless customer eye, and an attitude that anything is possible. This role represents a significant opportunity to shape the agenda for Sansar by injecting innovation, creativity, and strategic growth thinking into our approach.
The Senior Director will leverage our understanding of our customer to drive the overall growth and business strategy by investing our marketing dollars where they will drive the greatest return for the business.
- Drive marketing strategy - create marketing plans for new initiatives, positioning, branding, messaging and creative, across the customer journey.
- Conduct market research to uncover key customer insights that drive positioning for our product as well as ideas for new features or benefits.
- Synthesize market intelligence & customer insights – be the expert on our tech savvy, gaming customers, who they are and what segments we serve; be the expert on the competition and the broader digital marketplace.
- Partner cross-functionally to strategize new features, benefits and communications that drive customer acquisition, engagement and retention.
- Lead Go-to-Market planning and execution for new initiatives from idea through launch, while setting and managing the right expectations with all relevant stakeholders.
- Define product/market fit – what is the target market/customer and how will a product, service or experience deliver customer and business value.
- Channel management: drive strategies for various marketing channels (e.g., paid search, display, social, direct mail, email) as a major contributor to Sansar’s growth.
- Try new outlets for advertising based on creative insights and learnings
- Supervise the creative team to develop engaging assets and campaigns
- Work with an outside PR firm plus internal Marcomm to craft our press strategy to fuel Sansar’s growth.
- Grow and refine our social engagement and content strategy.
- Partner with Finance, Product, and Data Science to define and measure success
- Communicate marketing plans and strategy to senior leadership
- Develop talent within the organization, mentoring/developing a team
*Other duties may be assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong creative thinker with knowledge of the gaming and entertainment customer
- Self-motivated, nimble and highly results-driven in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Strong analytics and business case development skills
- Seasoned in managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, communication across teams
- Entrepreneurial attitude and a willingness to take chances
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Management experience
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong growth marketing experience, defining and driving the go-to-market strategy for new products, features, and ideas toward market launch and rollout
- Demonstrated understanding of messaging strategy, user experience and persuasive marketing techniques in driving engagement and retention
- Demonstrated record of partnering with teams across an organization and influencing to achieve business results
- Success with growing a consumer facing audience and brand
- A solid understanding of the full customer lifecycle and customer segmentation
- Experience with gathering and utilizing customer insights
- Gaming and/or entertainment experience
- 8-15 years of experience in related positions with increasing responsibility
Occasional; some travel to conferences or events may be required.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.