Business Development Manager
Linden Lab is the creator of the world’s largest, most successful, completely user-generated virtual worlds platform. Have you heard what we’re doing next?
If uncharted territory excites you and you are ready to take on growing a global audience for Sansar, the world’s leading social VR platform, we are looking for you to help us build the future.
We are seeking a visionary and passionate creative professional to join our Business Development team. Be at the forefront of VR and virtual world building where tech meets entertainment!
Your primary function is to close revenue-generating deals for partners looking to leverage the Sansar Studios team in building out custom virtual experiences. Sansar Studios has created the most impressive VR experiences in existence, including their work with The Smithsonian to display virtual Burning Man art, Warner Bros for the Ready Player One film, Intel’s virtual CES booth, virtual clubhouses for major esports teams in Fnatic and OpTic Gaming, and many others.
Along with closing these revenue-generating deals with partners, you will be expected to identify markets and approaches for additional revenue-generating opportunities. As Business Development Manager, you will also work with various online communities to help facilitate user growth on the Sansar platform. Past experience and connections in gaming, sports, and other B2B verticals.
The role requires a love for the product, a passion to scale Sansar into mainstream adoption, and a creative curiosity to pioneer a new reality with partners. You must be a self-starter, optimistic and enthusiastic, and have a never-ending drive. This role represents a significant opportunity to shape the future of social interactions in the virtual space.
Your primary responsibility is to drive revenue to Sansar through brand and content partnerships that leverage Sansar Studios. You will also partner with Product, Marketing, Event Operations, and other teams to ensure efforts are directly aligned with our business goals.
Strategy & Planning
- Research and effectively communicate the landscape of various revenue-generating verticals and propose solutions for how Sansar should engage.
- Build out leads and reach out to entities within specific verticals for demos and business offerings.
- Contribute to and support the go-to-market strategy: Identify and maintain a prioritized list of potential partners within identified target markets.
- Drive cross-functional initiatives for new business and content opportunities.
- Coordinate with Product and Marketing to ensure strategic activities are planned in conjunction with tactical activities.
- Prospect potential clients
- Initiate and conduct meetings with prospective partners
- Negotiate business terms with partners
- Work closely with Sansar Studios to deliver custom virtual experiences for partners
- Onboard and manage partner relationships through project completion
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong understanding of current Social VR landscape
- Desire to “live in the product” by creating virtual experiences and hosting social gatherings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office / Google Drive tools
- Ability to create impressive slide decks in short time frames
- Ability to speak authoritatively to both technical and business concepts in Sansar
- Data-driven individual who can also make well-reasoned decisions in the absence of data
- Creative thinker with ability to map ideas on the fly
- Exceptional persuasive, verbal and written communicator
- Natural team player
- Entrepreneurial attitude and a willingness to take chances
- Seasoned in managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, communication across teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent academic training and experience.
- 2-4+ years experience working in sales, partnerships, business development
- Work experience in VR, esports, gaming, or live performance media is a plus
- Background working with talent, content creators, and brands is a plus
- Experience scaling a small entity into widespread adoption a plus
Occasional; some travel to conferences or events will be required.