Analytical Services Technician
As the longest-running agriculturally-based university in the Southern Hemisphere, Lincoln University’s story begins with farming, but it certainly doesn’t end there. As New Zealand’s economy diversified, so have we. Lincoln University is here to enhance and enrich lives. To grow the knowledge of our students so they can shape a world that benefits from a greater understanding of the relationship between our land, the food produced from it and the ecosystems within it. With three academic faculties, one teaching division, several research centres (including the new 27,000 sqm joint facility, in partnership with AgResearch), and a range of corporate service units, the Lincoln University draws its students from throughout New Zealand and from over 60 countries. Lincoln University has a student roll of around 3,000 and approximately 600 staff.
The Department of Agricultural Sciences is currently looking for an Analytical Services Technician who will provide field and technical support for research projects.
To be considered for this role, ideally you will have:
- A BSc or equivalent technical training, majoring in analytical chemistry, soil science or a related field
- A practical understanding of laboratory experiments, data collection, analysis, reporting and a technical background experience
- A knowledge of H&S requirements within a lab/field environment.
- Excellent data handling and entering skills.
- Competence in Word, Excel, Sigma Plot and other software packages
This is a full time, permanent position.
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
For more information, please refer to the position description on the Lincoln University careers page or contact Patrice Wilkin, Recruitment Business Partner, on 03 423 0312.
Applications close at 9am on Monday 10/12/18.
Lincoln University is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity in Education and Employment and seeks to meet its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi.