Maori Student Liaison Officer
Lincoln University is New Zealand’s specialist land-based university; future focused and providing academic programmes informed by three adopted causes of global significance: namely, feed the world, protect the future, live well. This role is an integral position for connecting Māori aspirations with the programmes, research and innovation that occurs at Lincoln University.
We provide students who have a passion for land-based sciences and related disciplinary areas, with qualifications to help them fulfil the outcomes of whānau, hapū and iwi, while also pursuing a rewarding career.
Right now we are looking for a tenacious and passionate individual who can connect the aspirations of Māori with the dynamic programmes delivered at Lincoln University.
The role involves successfully promoting our full range of specialist courses to prospective Māori students and influencers, including secondary schools, community and Iwi groups, employers and industry.. As part of your role, you will be engaging with both grass roots and national Māori events to promote Lincoln as a study destination of choice. Key to your success will be your ability to connect with Māori communities including, high school students, parents, caregivers and kaumatua, who all have a vested interest in the development of their takiwā. The aim of this role is to ultimately increase the number of Māori scientists, agriculturalists, chartered accountants, tourism managers, farm managers, and environmental managers, to name a few. This role is pivotal to putting Māori at the forefront of excellence and innovation.
This role acts as a connector between the community and the University and therefore requires you to be able to:
- Confidently interact with Māori people, schools, communities and organisations
- Confidently speak te reo and have a good understanding of tikanga Māori and ability to apply this in various contexts
- Establish strong networks within Māori schools, organisations, businesses, hapū and iwi
- Have a tertiary qualification (preferred) or a minimum of three years commensurate commercial experience
- Demonstrate previous success in sales or customer service, and developing and maintaining productive relationships
- Demonstrate initiative and a determination to succeed, with proven ability to set and achieve goals
- Develop and deliver powerful and engaging presentations to a variety of audiences
- An innate ability to seek new opportunities at every point of engagement.
This role has a regular travel requirement each month, which requires flexibility around hours of work. A full NZ drivers licence is essential for this role.
For further information, please refer to the position description here or contact Patrice Wilkin, Recruitment Business Partner, on 03 423 0312.
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter. Applications close on Monday 25/06/18 at 9am.