Trainer - 3rd Shift
Job Title: Utility Operator - Fab
Job Code: UTILITYOP
SUMMARY: Serves as resource for team members for specific lines. Responsibilities include: maintaining and enhancing operations by coaching, instructing team members in the specific area of responsibility to achieve desired line metrics, ensuring process quality is maintained and enhanced through following established process protocol. As assigned, trains new people in quality, safety, and environmental work instructions.
WAGE TYPE: Hourly FLSA Exemption: Non-exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working utility operator assigned to tube fabrication areas.
- Quality - ensures that all people follow established quality procedures for the company and area product quality and housekeeping.
- Assist in quality improvement efforts in specific area in the plant.
- Develop new or modify Visual Work Instructions for Operations using PowerPoint and other electronic documents.
- Conduct product and process audits to determine conformance to requirements and maintain all audit records.
- Perform process capability and Gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility (R&R) studies as required.
- Train new employees on quality, safety, and equipment operation.
- Safety and Environmental - ensures team participation and compliance with safety (safety rules, training,) and environmental requirements.
- Assist in safety and environmental improvement efforts in specific area in the plant
- Participate in Continuous Improvement teams as necessary.
- Assists with special projects when needed.
- Environmental responsibility is our commitment to our communities.
- Proper disposal of waste such as recyclables, standard waste, hazardous waste, etc. is expected.
- Could potentially come in contact with hazardous chemicals.
- Any other tasks as required fulfilling Lincoln Industries' Beliefs and Drivers.
Reports to: Team Leader
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
Expected: High School diploma or GED, 2-6 years related process experience
Preferred: Tube bending and end forming experience
Must be able to read, write, and comprehend the English language
Interpersonal communication skills necessary
Must be able to perform physical functions equivalent to Category A, B, C, D or E.
Page 1 of 2