Job Title: Integration Engineer
Job Code: PROJENG001
SUMMARY: The Integration Engineer position is responsible for design and development for manufacture involving parts, tooling, processes, and the overall integration into Lincoln Industries production systems resulting in rapid transition to production. This includes project planning, requirements capture, concept generation, 3D modeling, engineering analysis, prototyping, process and tooling development, work instruction creation, operations support, technical management of suppliers, and conducting initial factory runs of parts. The individual will also be responsible for completing technical documentation for production release, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) submittals to customers, and first article inspection reports (FAIRs). This position works closely with our Business Development, Strategic Accounts, Operations, Materials Management, Quality, and Sourcing groups and requires supplier and customer interaction.
WAGE TYPE: Salaried Exempt
FLSA Exemption: Administrative Exemption
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Product and/or tooling (fixtures and racks) design and development.
- Drawing creation and interpretation utilizing 3D software (Solidworks) and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Knowledge of measurement equipment and methods: CMM, Faro or Romer Arm, Datums
- Generation of PPAP documentation, Gage R&R analysis, PFMEAs, Capability analysis.
- Manufacturing operations technical support.
- Requirements capture.
- Creative concept generation.
- Test plan generation and execution.
- Root cause identification and technical problem solving.
- Management of suppliers for samples, tooling, builds, and services.
- Technical project planning and management.
- Leading teams to deliver results across multiple, concurrent projects.
- Achieving results on time and budget while ensuring Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Great Place to Work.
- Building positive working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Could potentially come in contact with hazardous chemicals.
- Environmental responsibility is our commitment to our communities.
- Proper disposal of waste such as recyclables, standard waste, hazardous waste, etc. is expected.
- Any other tasks as required fulfilling Lincoln Industries' Beliefs and Drivers.
Reports to: Director, Engineering
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
Expected: Four-year Engineering degree and 2-5 years’ experience in product development, process and tooling development, and transition to production
Preferred: Metal finishing, stamping, fixture design (racking, trimming, inspection, welding), Lean Manufacturing, and Six Sigma.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Team leadership / coordination
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Use of MS Office Suite
- Use of hand tools
Page 1 of 2