Job Title: Process Manager
Job Code: PROCMNGR
SUMMARY: To initiate and complete sample parts for new projects. Develop processes and evaluate the effectiveness and quality of the process while integrating into the production schedule. This position will drive continuous improvement by focusing on product consistency through quality assurance of
control systems, and an understanding of KPOV’s (Key Process Output Variables) and KPIV’s (Key Process Input Variables) required to meet customer requirements. Additionally, this position will play a key role in establishing process control for new product launches and chemical changes, new equipment implementation, troubleshooting, and upgrading existing processes. The individual will be the subject matter process expert for the areas including Lines 6,7,8,9,10, and 55.
WAGE TYPE: Salaried Exempt FLSA Exemption: Professional
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follows established safety guidelines.
- Develop processes for new products
- Identify, select/engineer, and implement equipment and/or software required to support process control activities - including lab equipment and engineered solutions to production lines (e.g. autonomous control and feedback for production lines, lab testing equipment, data collection and analysis equipment).
- Participate in new process equipment selection and implementation process to make sure process control concerns are addressed.
- Assist with capability study development for new product launches – responsible for continually monitoring process capability for existing processes which includes early detection of pending capability issues and implementing corrective action.
- Assist with pFMEA/Control Plan/Process Maps development for new product
- Participate and help manage revision maintenance to PFMEA/Control Plan/Process Maps while in operation.
- Assess existing process controls for relevance and correct if necessary.
- Handles “Special” requests for internal and external customers.
- Sets up and controls equipment and processes in order to meet part specifications.
- Completes process steps to ensure work instructions are correct.
- Develop/order racks, fixtures, or tooling needed for the work.
- Change tools on power equipment as needed.
- Communicates with external and internal customers regarding status, order and finishing requirements
- Confers with the customer to provide technical advice to resolve problems and address value-added opportunities.
- Responsible for developing travelers and/or visual work instructions.
- Assures smooth transition to production by working with appropriate lines and auditing.
- PIF, PIP, and PPAP documentation/development.
- Work closely with Quality to make sure KPOV’s are achieved, and when they are not perform root cause analysis and implement corrective action accordingly
- Trains and certifies people in the proper processes and procedures and enforces company policies and safety procedures. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies.
- Daily standard work to include monitoring of process conditions on production floor (e.g. are controls and place and being executed by Operations, are there out of control conditions, …), as well as monitoring control data for KPIV’s
- Helps troubleshoot quality and process problems.
- Could potentially handle hazardous waste in containerizing, transporting, testing, or other assigned duties
- Environmental responsibility is our commitment to our communities.
- Proper disposal of waste such as recyclables, standard waste, hazardous waste, etc. is expected.
- Any other tasks as required fulfilling Lincoln Industries’ Beliefs and Drivers.
- Reports to: Technology Manager or Engineer
- Supervises: Process Leaders, Process Specialists, Solution Maintenance Technicians
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and Experience:
Expected: High School Diploma or equivalent and experience in electroplating, fabrication, coatings, and/or polishing, as well as customer service.
Preferred: BS in Chemical, Electrical, Computer, or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent years of experience in lieu of degree. The successful candidate will have a key technical role in a high growth, high volume, fast-paced environment. Must be results driven, “hands-on”, ability to assess complex systems and make independent decisions, with a proven track record of delivering on stretch objectives.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Problem solving skill