Chief Product Officer (CPO)
The Chief Product Officer (CPO) will be a data-driven product leader with a successful background in developing and scaling product and technology strategy, innovation and thought leadership. A strong operating executive, s/he will oversee product-led growth from end to end.
This is a vital role to help shape and drive the future success of the company. The CPO will work closely with the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and other members of the executive team to create scale, drive optimal product strategy through to roadmap and execution, and assist in building and maintaining excellent relationships with clients. S/he will be accountable for all product strategy, roadmap, implementation and overall success of products in the market.
- Develop and oversee the execution of an aggressive product development strategy and roadmap which will ultimately result in top-line revenue growth and increased market share
- Lead customer and analyst conversations in setting roadmap expectations that have near-term results and can articulate a vision for the product
- Align the organizational structure with business strategy to provide the technical capacity to build product efficiency across multiple lines of businesses
- Partner with the executive team to clearly communicate a defined product portfolio vision and strategy in a high-growth environment with experience in M&A and inorganic growth
- Drive continuous improvement and flexibility in the product organization, while simultaneously championing best practices for product and overall group operations
- Responsible for product forecast for each line of business; monitors production schedules to ensure product availability
- Responsible for product line pricing strategy; monitors competitive pricing and promotions, and drives pricing actions when required; works with Sales Operations for non-standard pricing sales opportunities
- Ensures sales and partner readiness and training for all products and services
- Builds and leads a world-class global product and team of collaborative, results-driven high performers
- Serves as company spokesperson for product strategy with press, analysts and customers
- Escalates major opportunities, changes in release capabilities/dates, and competitive, market and pricing impacts to the executive level
Company seeks a CPO and a true thought leader who has led all aspects of product and technology at scale. The CPO will bring credibility to the executive management and product team and will be regarded by the employees and the marketplace as an immediate positive win for the company.
This individual must be a forward-thinker who is extremely focused and capable of creating an evolving strategy to meet and anticipate both near and long-term opportunities and who is a subject matter expert in the CCaaS space. The CPO will be comfortable operating in a scaling environment, with the ability to embrace change while continuing to delight the customer. Additionally, this executive will work cross-functionally with a collaborative nature to share the product vision and develop support across the business.
Business and Domain Expertise:
- 10+ years of product management leadership experience at a global company, with a track record of significant success leading product organizations at scale
- CPO-level experience leading global, best-of-class contact center as a service (CCaaS) and unified communication as a service (UCaaS) businesses
- Proven and recognized data-driven thought leader with a track record of building product portfolio vision and strategy across multiple products within a rapidly scaling business
- Ability to move between business contexts, hire and develop leaders who can operate these with excellence, and build systems and cadences to manage outcomes
- Passionate about providing exceptional product and service experiences to customers; has demonstrated experience injecting voice of customer into product development process and leading voice of customer programs
- Experience driving Enterprise and Mid-Market/SMB product-led growth
- Involvement with defining a business strategy for growth and valuation, as a business scales from $100M and beyond through M&A and organically
- Solid decision-making across all disciplines as it relates to the customer, the company and the team
- Developed and maintained a portfolio-level view of the product roadmaps, while championing longer-term thinking, understanding the tradeoffs to achieve strategy and vision, and effectively communicating to company stakeholders and executives
- Ability to see where the market, competition and industry are going, and to create a strong vision for where the product needs to be to win the market and delight customers, making Company the preferred choice
- Understanding of sales models, go-to-market strategies, marketing and product launches with experience in unifying product experiences to create cross-sell packaging and pricing of products and services
- Financial literacy with an appreciation for what drives enterprise value
- Partner to the C-Suite driving value across the organization, directly influencing to achieve seamless product management operations
- A master generalist with the ability to talk to engineers, users, executives, finance, marketing, sales and other groups, and to command respect
- Ability to understand the requirements of the various decision-makers in an organization and how to be the product and customer advocate
- Ability to gather data and make recommendations using sources such as financial statements, primary and secondary research, and customer and partner interviews
- A technical undergraduate degree is strongly preferred; an MBA or other advanced degree is a plus.
- Servant leader mentality; holds the company and team’s best interests at heart while building a world-class company
- High EQ; leadership and decisions that are situation-appropriate, not a blanket approach
- An incredibly strong product and technology conviction and vision along with the requisite interpersonal, presentation, organizational and planning skills
- Proven track record of attracting, hiring, mentoring, retaining and motivating world‐class product talent; communicates clearly, regularly and appropriately; making the hard decisions quickly
- Fosters an open work environment that is results-driven and generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment
- Highest standards of personal and professional integrity and ethics
- Dynamic communication skills
- Obsessed with delighting the customer
- Clarity over the purpose of the business; clear understanding of the mission and values of the company, which have been injected into the business
- Focuses on results, which requires fundamental communication, transparency and authenticity so we can build long-lasting relationships that enable us to dive in the trenches and battle it out over conflicts and make good on the commitments for the business
- Holds one another accountable to the business commitments that have been decided upon
- Confident, yet humble
- Supportive and naturally collaborative
- Curious, eager to learn, a persuasive change agent
Lifesize delivers immersive communication experiences for the global enterprise. Our complementary suite of award-winning cloud video conferencing and cloud contact center solutions empowers organizations to elevate workplace collaboration, boost employee productivity and improve customer experiences from anywhere and from any device. To learn more about our analyst-recognized solutions and see why tens of thousands of leading organizations like Yelp, RBC, Yale University, Pearson, Salvation Army, Shell Energy and NASA rely on Lifesize for mission-critical business communications, visit www.lifesize.com or www.serenova.com.
Lifesize is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.