Principal Software Engineer-Full Stack
Principal Software Engineer, Full Stack
Would you like to work on a high performing team developing advanced user interfaces and microservices with the latest technology for our video communication products used by millions of users?
Lifesize is looking for an experienced full stack developer to join our software development team in Austin. This team is responsible for the development of our video conferencing software products.
About the role:
- You’ll develop cutting edge web applications; from concepts through requirements, use cases, implementation, unit testing, and on through live deployment.
- You’ll help use the latest tools, technologies and best practices to rapidly improve our new microservice-based architecture to continually improve scale and capacity.
- You’ll write reusable service templates that demonstrate best practices with regards to security and scalability.
- You’ll engage and coordinate with other internal engineering and operations teams to deliver complex product features to production.
Some of the perks you’ll get working in Lifesize Engineering:
- Work from home during Covid-19.
- Pick your preference of a Mac and/or PC, and whatever development tools you need, and we’ll get you hooked up.
- Come to work in our convenient Barton Skyway location, which is close enough to downtown and Zilker Park to have access to the best of Austin.
- Be amazed at the programming flow time you’ll establish in our non-open engineering floor plan, which includes a mix of private and shared offices.
- Take time off when you need it with our unlimited vacation policy and our flexible work schedule.
- Eat free breakfast tacos on Mondays and Wednesdays and enjoy company sponsored lunch delivery on Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursdays.
- Take a break in our fully stocked break rooms with all the snacks and drinks you need.
- Recharge yourself in our free onsite yoga classes and brand-new gym.
5+ Years Commercial/Enterprise Software Development
1+ years' experience developing cloud native microservices
Ideally, you will…
- Be capable of driving towards a goal independently and proactively solving problems with minimal oversight.
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills, and a passion for fixing customer issues.
- Be adaptable enough to work between multiple projects and technologies within a condensed time frame.
- Offer constructive feedback during code reviews, as well as positively receiving and executing on the feedback offered by others.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical co-workers.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent real world experience with a firm grasp of Software Engineering/Computer Science fundamentals.
- Have experience in architecting SPAs, and developing efficient and maintainable solutions.
- Have experience developing web applications using React and Redux.
- Are familiar with design patterns, anti-patterns and code smells.
You’ll impress us even more if you have experience with some of these:
- Software architecture experience in a high volume enterprise cloud platform environment.
- Leadership experience
This position is located in Austin, Texas.
Lifesize delivers immersive communication experiences for the global enterprise. Our complementary suite of award-winning cloud video conferencing and cloud contact center solutions empowers organizations to elevate workplace collaboration, boost employee productivity and improve customer experiences from anywhere and from any device. To learn more about our analyst-recognized solutions and see why tens of thousands of leading organizations like Yelp, RBC, Yale University, Pearson, Salvation Army, Shell Energy and NASA rely on Lifesize for mission-critical business communications, visit www.lifesize.com or www.serenova.com.
Lifesize, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.