Sr Electron Developer
Sr. Software Engineer, Electron Framework
Lifesize is the leading provider of high-definition video communication products as well as cloud video services. Our award-winning solutions combine exceptional quality, user simplicity, and administrator manageability to make video communications a productive, true-to-life experience.
Lifesize is looking for an experienced developer to join our applications software development team in Austin or remotely. This team is responsible for the development of our customer facing desktop applications.
About the role:
- You’ll own Lifesize’s electron framework, used as the base for all of our desktop application, including our core meeting solutions client.
- You’ll write readable and clean C++ code in a team of engineers who are working to continuously improve the codebase.
- You’ll solve high priority customer issues and get fixes deployed with a fast turnaround time.
- You’ll make the necessary modifications to the Electron project to develop our applications.
- You’ll work closely with other teams providing them with Electron updates via our npm private repository.
- You’ll contribute back into the public Electron repository with enhancements and fixes.
- You’ll be the Electron expert within the organization, providing knowledge about new features and extending the framework using Windows and macOS operating system level APIs.
5+ Years Commercial/Enterprise Software Development
3+ Years C/C++
1+ Years Electron
Ideally, you will…
- Have experience developing applications using Electron and modifying the Electron framework.
- Be capable of driving towards a goal independently and proactively solving problems with minimal oversight.
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills, and a passion for fixing customer issues.
- Offer constructive feedback during code reviews, as well as positively receiving and executing on the feedback offered by others.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent real world experience with a firm grasp of Software Engineering/Computer Science fundamentals.
You’ll impress us even more if you…
- Have made contributions to the Electron project on Github.
- Have hands-on experience with WebRTC applications.
- Know how to build apps using the Win32 API and/or the MacOS API
This position is located in Austin, Texas or remote.
Lifesize delivers immersive communication experiences for the global enterprise. Our complimentary suite of award-winning cloud video conferencing and cloud contact center solutions empowers organizations to elevate workplace collaboration, boost employee productivity and improve customer experiences from anywhere and from any device. To learn more about our analyst-recognized solutions and see why tens of thousands of leading organizations like Yelp, RBC, Yale University, Pearson, Salvation Army, Shell Energy and NASA rely on Lifesize for mission-critical business communications, visit www.lifesize.com or www.serenova.com.
For more information, visit www.lifesize.com or follow the company @LifesizeHD.
Lifesize is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.