Director, Corporate Counsel
Lifesize is looking for a Director, Corporate Counsel. This role will be responsible for reviewing procurement, subcontracting, marketing and other vendor-related matters as well as support the Company and its management as otherwise needed including within the areas of employment, litigation, transactional support, marketing, and corporate communications. Effectively manage outside counsel as necessary on such matters.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Provide legal advice and guidance to various internal groups in connection with the conception, design, marketing and implementation of Lifesize’s video conferencing products.
- global in-house legal experience preferred
- M&A transaction experience
- Initial Public Offering (IPO) experience
- Experience in international business negotiations particularly in Europe, Asia, and Latin America
- Experience providing legal advice to the Executive Staff and Board of Directors
- SaaS in-house experience
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced, fun team environment
- Structure, draft, analyze and negotiate a wide variety of technology development, licensing, procurement and other commercial agreements.
- Provide ongoing legal counseling in the areas of intellectual property, technology, consumer law, privacy and regulatory compliance.
- Develop, coordinate and provide legal training programs to company’s personnel.
- Manage outside counsel when required.
- J.D. and Bar membership. 10+ years relevant law firm or in-house experience; in-house experience with a technology company preferable.
- Experience structuring, drafting and negotiating intellectual property and commercial agreements in support of product development and manufacturing.
- Strong drafting and negotiating experience, and strong project management and analytical skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Experience working across different cultures and legal systems preferred.
- Ability to work independently and complete assignments in an efficient and timely manner.
- Good judgment, confidence and ability to act as a trusted legal and business advisor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Lifesize delivers immersive communication experiences for the global enterprise. Our complementary suite of award-winning cloud video conferencing and cloud contact center solutions empowers organizations to elevate workplace collaboration, boost employee productivity and improve customer experiences from anywhere and from any device. To learn more about our analyst-recognized solutions and see why tens of thousands of leading organizations like Yelp, RBC, Yale University, Pearson, Salvation Army, Shell Energy and NASA rely on Lifesize for mission-critical business communications, visit www.lifesize.com or www.serenova.com.
Lifesize is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.