Principal Quality Assurance Engineer
Senior Quality Engineer, CCaaS
Would you like to join a high performing team working on our cloud contact center platform?
Lifesize is looking for an experienced Senior Quality Engineer to join our software development team in Fredericton. This team is responsible for the development and maintenance of CxEngage – our flagship CCaaS offering, and we’re growing.
About the role:
- You’ll work to ensure quality while we bring cutting edge features to market; from concepts through requirements, use cases, implementation, unit testing, surrounding automation testing and on through live deployment, your involvement is crucial.
- You’ll help use the latest testing tools, technologies and best practices to rapidly improve test coverage of our microservice-based architecture.
- You’ll push the boundaries and discover breakages and bottlenecks on the platform through API testing, load testing, and automated user testing.
- You’ll bring new ideas and technologies to the table and improve our overall quality assurance.
- You’ll develop and improve existing test plans, automation, and show our testing coverage improving over time.
Some of the perks you’ll get working in Lifesize Engineering:
- Work from home during Covid-19.
- Pick your preference of a Mac and/or PC (Windows or Linux), and whatever development tools you need, and we’ll get you hooked up.
- Come to work at our Fredericton Office and enjoy both an open and non-open layout to maximize your productivity.
- Take time off when you need it with our unlimited vacation policy and our flexible work schedule.
- Enjoy office snacks and staff lunches on a regular basis (Covid-19 safety permitting).
- Take a break, play video games, or enjoy some quiet time in one of our several break rooms.
- Competitive compensation, health benefits, and RRSP matching plan.
3+ years commercial/enterprise software quality assurance experience
3+ years in developing tools that are directly related to quality testing
1+ years working directly with cloud native microservices
A proven history of a strong contribution within a team effort in delivering high quality software on schedule.
Ideally, you will…
- Be capable of driving towards a goal independently and proactively solving problems with minimal oversight.
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills, and a passion for never getting caught by an issue twice.
- Be adaptable enough to work between multiple projects and technologies within a condensed time frame.
- Offer constructive feedback during code reviews, as well as positively receiving and executing on the feedback offered by others.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent real-world experience with a firm grasp of Software Engineering/Computer Science fundamentals.
You’ll impress us even more if you have experience with some of these:
- Software architecture experience in a high volume enterprise cloud platform environment
- Selenium experience (or other web testing tool experience)
- CI/CD experience
- API testing experience
- Performance testing experience (platform load testing, API SLOs)
- Fault tolerance testing – AWS region, availability zone, or service instance resilience
- Leadership experience (technical or team lead)
- A demonstrable history of success in developing a robust testing framework specific to the needs of the product you’ve work on
This position is located in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
Lifesize delivers immersive communication experiences for the global enterprise. Our complementary suite of award-winning cloud video conferencing and cloud contact center solutions empowers organizations to elevate workplace collaboration, boost employee productivity and improve customer experiences from anywhere and from any device. To learn more about our analyst-recognized solutions and see why tens of thousands of leading organizations like Yelp, RBC, Yale University, Pearson, Salvation Army, Shell Energy and NASA rely on Lifesize for mission-critical business communications, visit www.lifesize.com or www.serenova.com.
Lifesize, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.