Software Quality Assurance Engineer - VOIP
Lifesize is seeking a VOIP Software Quality Assurance Engineer who will contribute to test planning, test automation, and test execution for multiple products that are part of its highly scalable and reliable voice/video communication platform. This position is located in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create detailed and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Test new product features and functionalities by working closely with the development teams
- Identify, record and track bugs
- Automate test execution to improve speed of feature additions and defect resolutions
- Measure quality of audio/video through a mix of subjective MOS and metrics like packet loss, jitter, bandwidth, resolution and frame rate.
- Ensure the platform components are highly reliable and scalable through stress, smoke and regression tests
- Work closely with the developers and support engineers to triage and troubleshoot issues reported by customers
- Be proactive in monitoring and identifying defects and possible improvements to the product based on production reports, metrics and logs
- Develop tools that will make debugging issues easier and faster
- 5+ Years of proven work experience in software quality assurance
- In depth understanding of various Multimedia over IP protocols such as SIP, SDP, H.323, RTP, RTCP, SRTP and BFCP.
- Good understanding of various application layer protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, REST, and AMQP. Equally good grasp of lower layer protocols including TCP, TLS, IPV4 and IPV6.
- Experience with source control (preferably Git), and with continuous integration systems such as CircleCI.
- Be eager to learn new technologies and contribute to projects outside of their core strengths
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills and familiarity with test tools including network analyzers & load injectors
- Familiar with container frameworks like Docker and cloud container orchestration platform such as Kubernetes and Amazon EKS etc
- Familiar with various AWS hosted services like DynamoDB, RDS, Lambda, Kinesis, SNS and SQS
- Experience working with test framework such as Selenium
Lifesize delivers immersive communication experiences for the global enterprise. Our complementary suite of award-winning cloud video conferencing and cloud contact center solutions empowers organizations to elevate workplace collaboration, boost employee productivity and improve customer experiences from anywhere and from any device. To learn more about our analyst-recognized solutions and see why tens of thousands of leading organizations like Yelp, RBC, Yale University, Pearson, Salvation Army, Shell Energy and NASA rely on Lifesize for mission-critical business communications, visit www.lifesize.com or www.serenova.com.
Lifesize, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.