Principal Software Engineer-CCaaS
Principal Software Engineer, CCaaS
Would you like to join a high performing team working on our cloud contact center platform?
Lifesize is looking for an experienced backend developer to join our software development team in Fredericton. This team is responsible for the development and maintenance of CxEngage – our flagship CCaaS offering, and we’re growing.
About the role:
- You’ll work on bringing cutting edge features to market; from concepts through requirements, use cases, implementation, unit testing, and on through live deployment.
- You’ll help use the latest tools, technologies and best practices to rapidly improve our new microservice-based architecture to continually improve scale and capacity.
- You’ll help develop reusable service templates that demonstrate best practices with regards to security and scalability.
- You’ll engage and coordinate with other internal engineering and operations teams to deliver complex product features to production.
Some of the perks you’ll get working in Lifesize Engineering:
- Work from home during Covid-19.
- Pick your preference of a Mac and/or PC (Windows or Linux), and whatever development tools you need, and we’ll get you hooked up.
- Come to work at our Fredericton Office and enjoy both an open and non-open layout to maximize your productivity.
- Take time off when you need it with our unlimited vacation policy and our flexible work schedule.
- Enjoy office snacks and staff lunches on a regular basis (Covid-19 safety permitting).
- Take a break, play video games, or enjoy some quiet time in one of our several break rooms.
- Competitive compensation, health benefits, and RRSP matching plan.
8+ years commercial/enterprise software development
3+ years developing cloud native microservices
2+ years technical/team lead experience
A proven history of a strong contribution within a team effort in delivering high quality software on schedule.
Ideally, you will…
- Be capable of driving towards a goal independently and proactively solving problems with minimal oversight.
- Enable other engineers to work efficiently and effectively toward a common goal.
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills, and a passion for fixing customer issues.
- Be adaptable enough to work between multiple projects and technologies within a condensed time frame.
- Offer constructive feedback during code reviews, as well as positively receiving and executing on the feedback offered by others.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical co-workers.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent real-world experience with a firm grasp of Software Engineering/Computer Science fundamentals.
- Are familiar with design patterns, anti-patterns and code smells.
You’ll impress us even more if you have experience with some of these:
- Software architecture experience in a high volume enterprise cloud platform environment
- Clojure experience
- Leadership experience (technical or team lead)
- CI/CD experience
This position is located in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
Lifesize delivers immersive communication experiences for the global enterprise. Our complementary suite of award-winning cloud video conferencing and cloud contact center solutions empowers organizations to elevate workplace collaboration, boost employee productivity and improve customer experiences from anywhere and from any device. To learn more about our analyst-recognized solutions and see why tens of thousands of leading organizations like Yelp, RBC, Yale University, Pearson, Salvation Army, Shell Energy and NASA rely on Lifesize for mission-critical business communications, visit www.lifesize.com or www.serenova.com.
Lifesize, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.