Senior Software Engineer-Microservices
Senior Software Engineer
Are you a passionate Microservices engineer that wants to design and deliver in a fast-paced agile environment?
Lifesize is looking for a senior cloud software developer who will help deliver reliable services that get used by every customer. In this role, you'll work on our Cloud Services team to build out our microservices mesh.
Not only will you be developing new microservices, you'll also be helping us improve our software patterns and practices to ensure stable and secure deliverables to production. If you're a programmer who likes software challenges and enjoys knowing that the work they do matters, this is the role for you.
About this role:
- You’ll help use the latest tools, technologies and best practices to rapidly improve our new microservice-based architecture to continually improve scale and capacity.
- You’ll design and deliver features that go live in our production environment and get used by our customers.
- You’ll write reusable service templates that demonstrate best practices with regards to security and scalability.
- You’ll engage and coordinate with other internal engineering and operations teams to deliver complex product features to production.
- You’ll solve high priority customer issues and get fixes deployed with a fast turnaround time.
Some of the perks you’ll get working in Lifesize Engineering:
- Work from home during Covid-19.
- Pick your preference of a Mac and/or PC, and whatever development tools you need, and we’ll get you hooked up.
- Come to work in our convenient Barton Skyway location, which is close enough to downtown and Zilker Park to have access to the best of Austin.
- Be amazed at the programming flow time you’ll establish in our non-open engineering floor plan, which includes a mix of private and shared offices.
- Take time off when you need it with our unlimited vacation policy and our flexible work schedule.
- Eat free breakfast tacos on Mondays and Wednesdays and enjoy company sponsored lunch delivery on Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursdays.
- Take a break in our fully stocked break rooms with all the snacks and drinks you need.
- Recharge yourself in our free onsite yoga classes and brand-new gym.
Ideally, you have:
- 5+ years' Commercial/Enterprise software development
- 1-2 years' experience developing cloud native microservices
- 2+ years’ development experience with AWS
- Be adept at solving complex software issues in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of deploying services on docker.
- Experience using Git and GitHub for source control
- Be capable of driving towards a goal independently and proactively solving problems with minimal oversight. Have excellent troubleshooting skills, and a passion for fixing customer issues.
- Be adaptable enough to work between multiple projects and technologies within a condensed time frame.
- Offer constructive feedback during code reviews, as well as positively receiving and executing on the feedback offered by others.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical co-workers.
- Are familiar with design patterns, anti-patterns and code smells.
Nice to have:
- Experience with WebRTC
- Familiarity with React/Redux, React Native, Electron a plus.
- Software architecture experience in a high volume enterprise cloud platform environment.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Experience with NestJS
Lifesize delivers immersive communication experiences for the global enterprise. Our complementary suite of award-winning cloud video conferencing and cloud contact center solutions empowers organizations to elevate workplace collaboration, boost employee productivity and improve customer experiences from anywhere and from any device. To learn more about our analyst-recognized solutions and see why tens of thousands of leading organizations like Yelp, RBC, Yale University, Pearson, Salvation Army, Shell Energy and NASA rely on Lifesize for mission-critical business communications, visit www.lifesize.com or www.serenova.com.
Lifesize, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.