Sr Embedded Android Engineer
Senior Embedded Android Engineer
“Are you someone that loves working on Android system architecture on custom hardware? Does the idea of building embedded software that drives world class video and audio conferencing systems sound like fun? If the answers are yes, then this is the role for you!
Lifesize is a leader in cloud connected video conferencing solutions and we are looking for someone with the skills to help us develop best in class conference room systems based on the Android operating system. The ideal candidate will be someone that is an expert at architecting and developing solutions for embedded Android on our embedded software team. They will also be someone that has a strong understanding of the HAL in addition to knowing their way around the Android kernel. This is a high impact role working on our flagship product family.”
- Contribute to the development of our next-generation conferencing products including designing, implementing, and testing advanced Android features.
- Design and implement middleware for front-end UI development, and networking software to interface with Cloud APIs and infrastructure.
- Work with project leads and team members to help create design specification, and participate in software design and implementation activities.
- Debugging and resolving firmware issues
- Extensive embedded development and Android framework development experience.
- Strong knowledge of operating systems fundamentals, Android architecture, hardware abstraction and Android Internals including building OS.
- knowledge of Java, Kotlin and Android SDK. Experience with Android CLI, IDE (Android Studio) and other development tools.
- Experience with working on a variety of embedded processors, SOC’s and micro-controllers.
- Experienced in device flashing, device booting and bootloader concepts.
- Collaborate with UI/UX/Server teams on the application interface and user experience behavior
- Proven experience in debugging of complex hardware/software issues and knowledge of diagnostic tools to root cause or debug issues through entire product lifecycle.
- Desire to work both independently and within teams in a fast paced environment leading complex projects.
- Experience with Anbox or running android apps in Linux, Audio HAL and ALSA framework is a big plus.
- Experience with Node.js and Web based protocols like WAMP, REST etc. is a plus.
- Experience with boot loaders like u-boot, BIOS with grub preferred.
Lifesize delivers immersive communication experiences for the global enterprise. Our complementary suite of award-winning cloud video conferencing and cloud contact center solutions empowers organizations to elevate workplace collaboration, boost employee productivity and improve customer experiences from anywhere and from any device. To learn more about our analyst-recognized solutions and see why tens of thousands of leading organizations like Yelp, RBC, Yale University, Pearson, Salvation Army, Shell Energy and NASA rely on Lifesize for mission-critical business communications, visit www.lifesize.com or www.serenova.com.
Lifesize, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.