Senior Software Engineer-Mobile
Senior Software Engineer, Mobile
Would you like to work on a high performing team developing advanced mobile apps for our next generation video communication products?
Lifesize is looking for an experienced developer to join our mobile software development team in Austin. This team is responsible for the development of our customer facing core mobile applications.
About the role:
- You’ll develop cutting edge mobile applications; from concepts through requirements, use cases, implementation, unit testing, and on through live deployment.
- You’ll work with developers, designers, and product managers in a collaborative agile environment to deliver product improvements on an ongoing basis.
- You’ll solve high priority customer issues and get fixes deployed with a fast turnaround time.
Some of the perks you’ll get working in Lifesize Engineering:
- Come to work in our convenient Barton Skyway location, which is close enough to downtown and Zilker Park to have access to the best of Austin.
- Be amazed at the programming flow time you’ll establish in our non-open engineering floor plan, which includes a mix of private and shared offices.
- Take time off when you need it with our unlimited vacation policy and our flexible work schedule.
- Eat free breakfast tacos on Mondays and Wednesdays and enjoy company sponsored lunch delivery on Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursdays.
- Take a break in our fully stocked break rooms with all the snacks and drinks you need.
- Recharge yourself in our free onsite yoga classes and brand-new gym.
5+ Years Commercial/Enterprise Software Development
Ideally, you will…
- Have experience developing mobile applications using React Native and Redux.
- Be adept at delivering working applications from wireframes and detailed acceptance criteria.
- Be capable of driving towards a goal independently and proactively solving problems with minimal oversight.
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills, and a passion for fixing customer issues.
- Offer constructive feedback during code reviews, as well as positively receiving and executing on the feedback offered by others.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical co-workers.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent real world experience with a firm grasp of Software Engineering/Computer Science fundamentals.
- Be familiar with design patterns, anti-patterns and code smells.
You’ll impress us even more if you have experience with some of these:
- Native mobile application and/or framework development (Swift, kotlin)
- Push notifications (pinpoint, FCM, APNS)
- Detox or other mobile automation suites
- CircleCI or other continuous integration tools
- Leadership experience
This position is located in Austin, Texas.
Lifesize delivers immersive communication experiences for the global enterprise. Our complementary suite of award-winning cloud video conferencing and cloud contact center solutions empowers organizations to elevate workplace collaboration, boost employee productivity and improve customer experiences from anywhere and from any device. To learn more about our analyst-recognized solutions and see why tens of thousands of leading organizations like Yelp, RBC, Yale University, Pearson, Salvation Army, Shell Energy and NASA rely on Lifesize for mission-critical business communications, visit www.lifesize.com or www.serenova.com.
Lifesize, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.