Lincoln Harris CSG is a leading national full-service real estate firm who has delivered exceptional services for decades. Their primary service lines include: Property Management, Transaction Services, Development, Project Management and Valuation/Compliance Services. Today they manage approximately 32 million square feet in twenty-two states.
The company culture offers work life balance, is friendly, supportive and performance based. They offer excellent benefits which can include working from home a portion of the work week, in addition to PTO and ability to select set work hours.
The Senior Accountant position is part of the medical office property management accounting team. This position reports directly to the Supervisor and Accounting Manager.
To qualify, the candidate must have experience in commercial property accounting, CAM reconciliations and property budgets. The position requires an individual who can work independently and with a team, meet all deadlines, give great attention to detail, has effective time management skills with ability to reprioritize needs.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow the provided workflow process and procedures to complete all requirements on time and accurately
- Maintain and review accrual basis property general ledgers, balance sheets and income statements including preparing and recording journal entries required
- Review and research property management billing transactions, including scheduled charges and adjustments
- Daily use of MRI or Yardi to review monthly rental charges, late fee reporting, CPI Billing adjustments, bad debts, tenant ledgers, and aged delinquency reporting
- Prepare monthly income statement variances from budget or historical trends
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and examine all general ledger accounts for accuracy; and make adjustments as needed
- Review construction design fees and prepare related monthly spreadsheets
- Review monthly General Ledger detail and related automate expense pools for propriety
- Prepare monthly recovery accrual entry as well as annual operating expense recovery reconciliation
- Review cash receipts daily and verify posted in compliance with client guidelines
- Provide customer service, guidance and support to the property management team for items such as tenant balances and lease data
- Develop annual budgets with the property management team and/or review budget details
- Review Accounts Payable invoices for coding and proper documentation using AVID electronic system
- Be a team player willing to back up other employees in the department as needed
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Review lease agreements and abstracts as needed
- Enter new leases and/or lease amendments into Accounting system
- Review and process write-off requests
- Assist property management with gathering documents for tenant and operational audits
- Minimum 5 years commercial property experience
- Yardi and/or MRI experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferred
- The ability to read and interpret lease agreements
- Effective oral, written and listening communication skills
- Professional interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and in a team
- Detail oriented and ability to provide accurate work products
- Ability to meet deadlines, good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel and Word) and Adobe PDF
- Critical thinking with the ability to apply good judgement to resolve problems
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
The total compensation is excellent and includes: base salary, performance bonus, paid time off, ability to work from home once onboarded and mastery of the position, select fixed work schedule, 401(k) with company match, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances.
Lincoln Harris CSG is the corporate services group of Dallas-based Lincoln Property Company (LPC). Founded in 1965, LPC is a full-service real estate company with over 7,000 employees in United States and Europe a current portfolio under management of 400+ million square feet. The Lincoln Harris CSG healthcare group provides full-scope real estate services on a national basis. With 450+ employees dedicated to healthcare real estate in 14 states, Lincoln Harris CSG manages / leases a medical portfolio of 35+ million square feet. Website: www.lincolnharrishealthcare.com