Facility Maintenance Technician
TITLE: Facilities Maintenance Technician
SUPERVISOR ROLE: No
STARTING HOURLY RATE RANGE: $20-22 per hour
Working under general supervision, performs general preventative maintenance and corrective repair of building, systems, equipment, and grounds. Assists in monitoring building system operations and performance. May utilize skills in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all necessary mechanical maintenance and operational procedures to assure maximum life and reliability to all mechanical systems.
- Responsible for general maintenance and operational duties which include, but are limited to, performance testing, maintenance, adjustment, and care of the following:
- HVAC equipment including: RTU (roof top unit), SCU (self-contained unit), Chillers, Boilers, Pumps
- Plumbing systems including: Residential and Commercial
- Electrical systems: Generators and ATS (automatic transfer switch)
- HVAC systems: Knowledge of DDC (direct digital controls) and Pneumatic Systems
- HVAC auxiliary systems
- Lighting systems and lighting retrofits
- General building systems
- Enter building system information in the property’s maintenance record system.
- Participate in company or external educational opportunities offered to enhance the knowledge, skills, and abilities of members of the engineering department.
- Respond to and complete tenant work orders and PMs in the designated work order management system in a timely manner. Typical requests include: light bulb replacement, hot/cold calls, repair locks and doors and miscellaneous requests as required.
- Effectively utilize and maintain the designated work order management system for work orders, preventive maintenance items and other requested duties.
- Maintain a neat, professional appearance at all times. Repair or replace damaged uniforms as needed.
- Perform duties within the required time frame as directed by the Lead or Chief FMT.
- Oversee and inspect work performed by outside contractors in compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
- Maintain inventory of lighting, plumbing, HVAC, and other building related supplies and tools.
- Proactively inspect grounds and building appearance and condition.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Some College or Technical School preferred.
- At least three (3) years of experience in building maintenance.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints preferred.
- Knowledge of sprinkler systems, fire panels, and fire pumps preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with tenants, vendors, employees and visitors.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Basic working knowledge of building control and automation systems.
- Knowledge of work order and preventative maintenance service request system preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Working knowledge of PDAs or Smart Phones.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- CFC/EPA 608 Certification preferred.
- BOMA Institute participation preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs., climb a ladder, bend, twist, crawl, and jump.
- Able to work in tight spaces and outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Able to differentiate primary colors and read gauges on meters.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check and drug screening.