Job title Account Director (tech)
Reporting to Director
Based London HQ
To help continue its dynamic growth trajectory, LEWIS is keen to appoint a PR Account Director with experience in the b2b and b2c tech sector. This role that will focus on client retention and development to help maximise the company’s business revenue opportunities. With an international mindset and approach, the Account Director will advise and consult with notable tech clients, working with colleagues across the LEWIS network.
This is an opportunity that will suit an ambitious professional who relishes the chance to help develop and grow a business, thrives on challenges and working in a fast paced, international environment. With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you understand how to best apply this spirit to a growing independent global organisation.
The company is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The Account Director will be a senior lead on key UK and EMEA tech clients, providing added-value consultancy and driving excellent and consistent service for client retention, growth and profitability.
The Account Director will help win clients and drive cascading of business across the network. In working on multi-market credentials, RFIs and pitches, the Account Director will forge strong relationships with colleagues and teams in EMEA to help secure and grow the types of clients the agency is capable of servicing.
As a member of the UK senior team, the Account Director is an active contributor to the success of the business and will champion a collaborative, positive culture. Providing leadership and hands-on development of our people are important in this role.
- Develop close relationships with clients, providing added-value strategic consultancy and initiatives for retention and organic growth
- Ensure the delivery of excellent, consistent service and measurable business results to clients
- Drive proactive upselling of services and products to increase retainer and project revenue
- Promote the integration of PR and digital marketing to deliver a cohesive service offer to clients
- Manage business and operational elements, including client profitability, budgets and costs, resource planning, etc
- Work on credentials and pitches, helping to develop the strategic insight, messaging and creative concepts
- Help recruit and retain a high calibre team – inspire and nurture a motivational office culture
- Manage and motivate direct reports, setting and reviewing goals; work to maximise strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development
- Champion the cascading of UK/EMEA clients across the global network
- Overall, be a collaborative, encouraging, supportive member of the London team.
Working for a PR or integrated comms agency, you are a strategic leader who enjoys counselling clients and is passionate about your work. You have been involved in winning and developing accounts as well as in the retention and organic growth of existing clients. Dynamic, assertive and influential, you are a charismatic leader with the skills and aptitude to coach and motivate a team, which is currently working remotely, top to bottom. Passionate about breaking new ground to lead progress, you have b2b and b2c tech PR experience. You are comfortable talking about integrated marketing solutions involving creative, digital, demand generation, media, reputation management. Experience of working in a fast paced, international environment, and with regional teams, is beneficial.
- Agency experience integrating PR with digital marketing, content and broader marketing activities
- Expertise in b2b and the tech sector
- Worked on international tech clients
- High level of business acumen, including successful commercial management
- Proven track record of exceeding goals; evidence of consistently making good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience and judgment
- Excel at managing bright, creative and ambitious people; a collaborative team worker who is able to instil accountability and empower people to succeed
- Knowledge of finance, operational/information systems, HR
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; an articulate and convincing presenter
- Ability to problem solve, project manage and multi-task. Will take charge of a situation and act
- Integrity, humility, self-drive/initiative – and a sense of humour!
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.