Creative Director (Copy)
Job title Creative Director (Copy), UK
Based London HQ
Reporting to Executive Creative Director
To help realise our corporate goals, LEWIS is keen to appoint an experienced Creative Director with a passion for driving innovation in the delivery of integrated marketing services. This is a senior and highly visible position. It will help convert new business opportunities and facilitate client growth by inspiring teams to think differently about creative solutions. Reporting to the Executive Creative Director, the role will act as a creative counsel to clients on their integrated marketing journey.
LEWIS is known in the industry for its b2b PR tech expertise. The agency’s aim is to provide integrated services across the consumer tech, consumer brand and professional services sectors as part of its global diversification strategy.
This is an opportunity that will suit an ambitious professional who relishes the chance to help develop and grow a business, thrives on challenges and working in a fast paced international environment. With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you understand how to best apply this spirit to a growing independent global organisation.
The company is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets and services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The Creative Director (CD) will play a critical role identifying strategic insights and bringing them to life creatively through integrated campaigns. Your main focus will be on copywriting, capturing and bringing to life powerful stories in words. The role will help to ensure the evolution of innovative storytelling at LEWIS.
Dependent on client and new business needs, the role may also be involved with EMEA-led clients, as well as with network-wide assignments. The CD will be expected to collaborate with other Creative Directors in the network and those conceiving and delivering creative ideas and concepts.
The CD will be a creative advisor to the UK management team and an active contributor to the success of the UK business. For the role to be effective, the CD will need to forge strong and close relationships across the UK team.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Work with senior management on enhancing the UK creative team
- Lead on, and be responsible for, creative work that is effective in meeting the client’s objectives
- Be a creative “pitch doctor” on client proposals and pitches (UK, EMEA, global)
- Ensure the new business teams are delivering powerful, creative responses to briefs and producing excellent creative elements, such as visual and editorial assets
- Work with clients closely and strategically during the creative and design phases of projects to ensure the best possible creative solutions
- Development of, and creative direction on, editorial and visual campaigns
- Extensive copywriting and story-telling across social, digital and PR platforms
- Report regularly on the creative strides made: client work, new business successes, creative assets, training, commercial benefits, etc
- Interview key potential hires. Help on-board and mentor these hires, setting them up for success
- Promote LEWIS through speaking engagements, articles and blogs on topics relating to creativity
- Overall, be a collaborative, encouraging, supportive member of the UK senior team
Working for an integrated comms, marketing or advertising agency in a Creative Director role, you are passionate about breaking new ground to lead progress. You enjoy winning business and counselling clients. You set an excellent example being dynamic, fast paced and self-driven. Mission focussed and commercial, you like to achieve and exceed goals, deliver results and make a positive impact. Considered, assertive and influential, you are a charismatic leader with the aptitude to motivate people and teams. You relish business challenges and thrive on an international remit.
- Visionary creative leadership and the ability to inspire an ambitious and diverse team
- Ability to lead the creative process from conceptualisation to execution, translating ideas across multiple platforms
- Understanding of integrated marketing communications coupled with strong client consultancy skills; worked with international clients
- Up to date knowledge of design processes, methodology, principles and practices, core industry creative software (e.g. photoshop, InDesign etc.)
- Knowledge of different sectors and communications specialisms; experience working with consumer brands; some experience of b2b and of the technology sector would be helpful
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise work and resources across engagements; and meet deadlines
- Integrity, humility, self-drive/initiative – and a sense of humour!
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.