LEWIS are excited to be seeking an experienced and talented .Net Developer to transform their ideas into brilliant and complex solutions. You will be dedicated and passionate about development and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The company is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
You will be working directly for the Creative Director within an exciting and expanding team, you will work alongside other digital developers and creative technologists, developing innovative solutions, websites, mobile applications and e-campaigns that surprise and delight users, exploiting cutting edge development techniques and methods.
You will live and breathe development and will be able to demonstrate your ability to not only create complex solutions, but also understand how to architect development solutions that uphold the initial vision and delivers business benefit.
You will be welcomed into a tight knit, evolving team that is part of a unique agency with ambitious growth plans, also you must understand the dynamic of a streamlined team and sometimes to get the best result you must go above and beyond the expected.Main responsibilities
- Work closely with the Head of Development and other developers to maintain and evolve the development standards of the agency
- Articulate the reasons for evolvement of the development brief and how to improve the product beyond the brief
- High levels of attention to detail and standards of accuracy in all code deliverables
- Maintain and improve working knowledge of key development languages
- Stay on the cutting edge, keeping up to date with new techniques and technologies, with a desire to learn and experiment
- Develop and progress opportunities to diversify the development product portfolio, highlighting opportunities to expand the agency capability set
- Develops a good ideology for managing maintainable, scalable solutions and blueprint products (re-usable assets)
- Maintains regular day-to-day contact with key internal stakeholders to manage their expectations
- Budget and commercial management
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contribution
- Ensures development architecture is always current and repositories are set up and maintained correctly
- Accurately completes timesheets by the end of each week, and includes any information that is pertinent to the tracking of projects
- Maintains all software to current version, escalating awareness of new software if necessary
- Demonstrates an understanding of clients’ businesses and the context of their projects
- Runs and supports training sessions, with a view to maximising opportunities to expand team skills and grow revenues
- Supports the HR / talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at LEWIS across social media and via the referral scheme
LEWIS are looking for an experienced Backend/.Net Developer to come in and hit the ground running. LEWIS take pride in our team culture and so it is essential we find someone that is a team player and adds to the supportive and hard-working environment. You will ideally have experience in:
- 5 years C# / ASP.NET Development experience (MVC)
- 3 Years Sitecore CMS Development Experience
- Currently working on Sitecore 8+ ideally 9+.
- Microsoft SQL 2008+
- 2 years digital agency experience
- Fully competent across Microsoft Visual Studio • Development methodologies both Agile and Waterfall
- A sound level of DevOps knowledge and server management including hosting architectures and IIS
- An understanding of ‘front end’ - HTML, CSS, jQuery
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.