Digital Project Manager
Job title Project Manager – Digital
Reporting to Head of Project Management
The company is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The Digital Project Manager works with multi-disciplinary teams to define project scopes in detail, plan delivery, ensure the teams’ adherence to scope and plan as well as delivery to quality, deadline and budget whilst maintaining communication, documentation. With an ability to work under pressure, prioritise, multi-task and manage the project delivery process from concept to completion - and optimisation - the Digital Project Manager remains a champion of process and most of all a motivating team player. Capable of building confidence, earning trust and gaining respect with clients, teams and colleagues across the LEWIS business, the Digital Project Manager will manage diverse stakeholder groups, and will also act as a conduit of project information from client and client services to the Senior Project Manager and project team.
The Digital Project Manager is the guardian of their project case load, with a clear focus on quality delivery, and is confident in this role.
Project definition and governance:
- Interpret business requirements, project briefs, and determine appropriate approach.
- Plan, run and document requirements and discovery workshops.
- Identify and document project objectives, timescales and cost estimates.
- Organise and deliver projects to plan, budget and quality, assessing and mitigating risks throughout.
- Scope, cost, plan, manage, and execute technically complex projects.
- Identify, book, manage, brief, and utilise resources against project scope.
- Recognise, manage, and mitigate project risks and issues.
- Manage and maintain day-to-day operations and delivery of projects and scope.
- Manage day-to-day client liaison and expectations.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to the Senior Project Manager, Client Services team, client and other project stakeholders using agreed tools and systems.
- Resolve and/or escalates issues and actively reduce risks to project delivery and client relationships.
Budget and commercial management:
- Track the progress of project budgets, ensuring that budget expectations are managed/raised with clients and the change control process invoked when necessary.
- Manage internal expectations around budget over-runs and associated resourcing impact.
- 4+ years Project Management experience in a digital agency, consultancy or software environment.
- 2+ year practising one or more recognised methodologies and/or frameworks (we use waterfall, agile and lean methodologies, dependent on project fit).
- A proven track record of successfully delivering high quality digital products and services to time, specification and budget.
- A well-rounded understanding of modern web technologies.
- Experience of delivering technically sophisticated / complex projects – demonstrable ability to talk the talk with clients, suppliers and developers.
- Experience of project tools such as MS Project, Jira, InVision, Slack an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written including Technical Writing.
What else is important:
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Well organised, detail driven and results orientated.
- Effective planning, organisational and co-ordination skills.
- Influencing skills, able to motivate and inspire a team.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, able to adapt project management style to deal with different people and environments.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.