Job title Director
Reporting to Head of PR
Based London HQ with occasional travel in Europe
To help realise its corporate goals and continue its dynamic growth trajectory, LEWIS is keen to appoint a senior PR Director. This is a highly visible role that will focus on client development to help maximise the company’s business revenue opportunities. With an international mindset and approach, the role will head up notable international clients.
LEWIS is known in the industry for its b2b PR tech expertise. The agency’s aim is to provide integrated services across tech, professional services and consumer brand sectors as part of its global diversification strategy.
This is an opportunity that will suit an ambitious professional who relishes the chance to help develop and grow a business, thrives on challenges and working in a fast paced, international environment. With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you understand how to best apply this spirit to a growing independent global organisation.
The company is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The Director will be the senior lead and sponsor on key EMEA clients, providing added-value strategic consultancy and driving excellent and consistent service for client retention, growth and profitability. They will help develop and grow other verticals and launch new practices, services and products.
The Director will engage with and win clients, and drive cascading of business across the network. In leading multi-market credentials, RFIs and pitches, the Director will forge strong relationships with senior colleagues in EMEA to marshal regional resources to secure and grow the types of clients the agency is capable of servicing.
Working closely with the UK MD, Head of PR and Head of Digital, the Director will be a member of the senior management team and an active contributor to the success of the business. Championing a collaborative, positive culture and providing leadership and hands-on development of our people are important in this role.
- Be the senior lead on key multi-market clients, ensuring excellent and profitable service and delivery of results; provide strategic counsel to help retain and grow the clients
- Ensure growth in client revenues, reviewing account profitability, taking action as required, and driving plans for optimising revenues
- Identify and secure upsell/cross sell opportunities with existing clients, plus client and services cascade opportunities across the network
- Ensure excellent client communication and instil accountability for defining KPIs and service agreements
- Promote the integration of PR and digital marketing to deliver a cohesive service offering to clients
- Lead credentials and pitches for multi-market prospects, developing the strategic insight, messaging and creative concepts
- Recommend prospects to be targeted and oversee the campaign to engage these prospects
- Network to cultivate regional and global senior client decision makers; build relationships with key intermediaries and influencers
- Retain a high-caliber and motivated team – inspire and nurture a first-class culture in which people can thrive and grow professionally and personally
- Manage and motivate direct reports, setting and reviewing goals; work to maximise strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development.
- Lead and participate in global, regional and office based training
- Interview key potential hires. Help on-board and mentor these hires, setting them up for success
- Overall, be a collaborative, encouraging, supportive member of the agency’s management team.
Working for an integrated comms or PR agency, and with a strong business network, you are a strategic leader who enjoys leading and counselling senior clients and is passionate about winning business. With rounded communications experience across PR and strategic communications, integrated marketing and digital marketing, you are comfortable talking about integrated marketing solutions involving creative, digital, demand generation, media and reputation management. You set an excellent example, being dynamic, fast paced and self-driven. Mission focussed and commercial, you like to exceed goals, deliver results and make a positive impact. You are a charismatic and motivational leader with the aptitude to structure and coach winning pitch and client teams. You relish business challenges and thrive on an international remit.
- Deep understanding of integrated communications; experience integrating PR with digital marketing, content and broader marketing activities
- Experience of b2b and the technology sector
- Led and worked with international clients
- High level of business acumen, including successful commercial management
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of consistently making good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience and judgment
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future trends and potential pitfalls
- Excel at leading bright, creative and ambitious people; a collaborative teamworker who is able to instil accountability and empower people to succeed
- Knowledge of finance, operational/information systems, HR
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to problem solve, project manage and multi-task. Will take charge of a situation and act
- Integrity, humility, self-drive/initiative – and a sense of humour!
- Head of PR – line manager
- Managing Director
- EVP Europe (Eindhoven)
- Head of Digital
- International Client Engagement Director (London)
- Executive Creative Director (London/San Diego)
- CEO (London/San Diego)
- Chief of Staff (London)
- Chief Operating Officer (London)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.