Digital Marketing Specialist, Paid Media
LEWIS is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide with 29 offices, 550 employees and revenue of $64m. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. Its people, agency and campaigns have won many prestigious awards in the last 18 months including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA.
Central to the growth has been the policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development. This is possible because the company is independently owned.
What we look for in our people
Agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. These are our values and what we look for in every person at LEWIS. As we evolve, grow and expand, we are committed to being a group that thinks differently. We understand the full marketing communications mix, even if a specialist in a particular aspect. We want all of our people, whether a digital specialist or media strategist, graphic designer or analytics manager to have an appreciation of the overall communications ecosystem, and how LEWIS can support clients in achieving their business and communications goals. Our people are agile to opportunities; bold in their approach; collaborative with colleagues across disciplines and offices to deliver amazing work; We are lifelong learners and fearless in challenging the norm; We are spirited and committed in developing ourselves, our teams, and the agency. We value a vibrant and dynamic environment. We believe that success comes when you’re working AND having fun while doing it. See it to believe it on our Instagram @teamlewisglobal.
About this role
The Digital Marketing Specialist or Sr. Digital Marketing Specialist, Paid Media will be responsible for planning, implementing, and reporting on multi-channel paid media campaigns across designated major accounts in the US. S/he will take a creative approach to developing paid media campaigns from concept to implementation while elevating key insights for internal and client stakeholders. Specialist will develop a clear understanding of the team’s requirements and objectives, be proactive in attitude and supportive to the team at all times. As a Senior Specialist, you’ve most likely seen it, or done it all, in regards to paid media.
This individual will be based in San Francisco or San Diego, working with teams in the US LEWIS network. There may be opportunity for travel within the US region.
You are an ambitious Paid Media pro, who relishes in the opportunity to grow and share your craft. You have a proven track record of success in an agency or in-house position with experience in executing paid digital media campaigns, including paid social, paid search and display. Your approach is collaborative, creative and open-minded. You enjoy seeing campaigns progress from a nugget of an idea to clear ROI for the client. Curiosity drives you to keep a diligent eye on what’s coming next in the paid media space, and you fearlessly champion innovation with both internal and external stakeholders. You have the ability to handle a number of projects at any one time, as well as being able to respond quickly to client requests or changes in strategy.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Draws on experience with paid media (paid social, paid search, display, video, etc.) to develop media plans that align to client objectives
- Conducts audience and keyword research to implement effective multi-channel paid media campaigns
- Optimizes campaign, audience, creative, budgets and bids across multiple channels to achieve campaign goals
- Coordinates with creative and content teams to develop ad copy and creative and iterate based on campaign performance
- Identifies growth and scale opportunities in other paid media and digital marketing channels
- Maintains accurate budget tracking, communicating potential under or overspends with senior account leaders
- Keeps abreast of paid media trends, maintains relationships with vendor representatives, and proactively shares knowledge with the full team
- Troubleshoots campaign problem areas, and suggests a course of action
- Identify and track emerging trends and innovations in the paid media space to identify areas of opportunity
Reporting and Analysis
- Develops reports on paid media activities in order to demonstrate campaign impact, and alignment to clients’ business objectives
- Extracts performance insights from campaign data, identifying relevant trends and proactive recommendations for both internal and client teams
- Communicates campaign performance internally, providing detailed updates on client progress to line manager and senior management team on request
- Implementation of tracking parameters including UTM and SRC code creation
- Experience with reporting platforms including Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, SuperMetrics etc.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with clients, establishing self and LEWIS as an invaluable long-term partner for paid media and digital marketing services
- Regularly offers recommendations to account team members regarding campaign performance, strategy and tactics
- Exhibits a clear understanding of clients’ business, objectives, challenges and opportunities
- Plays an active role in client meetings, leading paid media reporting and providing recommendations
- Strong project management skills with an ability to plan and prioritize
- Acute attention to detail, comfortable managing and analyzing campaign data
- Self-motivated, ability to work autonomously
- Ability to interact confidently with colleagues and clients
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven competency in managing a varied workload
Key Senior Internal Contacts
- Director, Paid Media (San Diego) – Line manager
- Managing Director, Paid Media (New York) – close working relationship
- VP, Digital (West Coast) (San Diego) – close working relationship
- SVP, Strategic Integrated Accounts (San Francisco)
- SVP, Digital (Boston)
Remuneration and benefits
- Basic salary dependent on experience
- Performance related bonus
- 20 days’ vacation per year
- Health insurance; life insurance
- 401k with 2% employer match (eligible after 30 days of employment)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.