Business Development Executive
The company is an integrated creative marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Digital Impact, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
As part of our dynamic investment strategy for growth, LEWIS is seeking a tenacious, bright and highly organized Business Development Executive to support the West Coast new business activity. Reporting to the Director, Client Engagement, the role will work across the West Coast offices (San Diego and San Francisco), and involve supporting the team in the identification of new business opportunities, developing relationships with potential targets and the development of strategic marketing plans highlighting digital and PR/communications recommendations.
This is an opportunity that will suit an ambitious professional who relishes the chance to be part of a dynamic, growing organization, thrives on challenges and on working in a fast-paced, international environment.
The Executive, Client Engagement supports the Director, Client Engagement in the identification, management and execution of new business activity and initiatives. This role will help to drive and increase new business opportunities for LEWIS by identifying and proactively engaging potential prospects, by managing inbound enquiries/leads and by assisting in the development of strategic marketing proposals that include, creative PR & digital recommendations.
- Assists the Director, Client Engagement with general operational support including logistics and timelines on credentials responses and new business pitches
- Identifies and researches new business targets and maintains an accurate database of prospects and record of contact made
- Identifies and researches relevant networks, groups and events to establish connections with key decision makers and budget holders of target companies; attends these networks, groups, events to make personal contact
- Develops and maintains a map of target businesses and organizations, making use of this knowledge to recommend targeted campaigns and maximize the impact of approaches
- Works closely with the Client Engagement and Marketing teams to develop compelling campaigns, content and events to drive lead generation and engagement
- On project-based initiatives, supports the internal Marketing team with research, collateral inventory, event support, internal office communications, etc.
- Builds and maintains a bank of LEWIS collateral, information and case studies for credentials responses
- Puts in place and monitors credentials and pitch schedules to ensure that the process is on track and deadlines are met
- Produces regular, accurate and comprehensive reports on new business activity and results.
- 2-3 years of experience in a PR or digital marketing agency (can be in an account service or new business role)
- Demonstrable success proactively developing relationships via networking; can be through media outreach or in a sales-type role
- Experience making marketing recommendations based on a client challenge or need
- Keen interest in working in a fast-moving communications agency environment; proactive & not afraid to take initiative
- Strong coordination and organizational skills gained in a customer-facing role
- Calm under pressure and able to manage and meet competing deadlines; experience managing a varied and changing workload; able to work with speed and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to get along well with people; able to adapt to the needs of each individual you encounter
- Self-starter with initiative; well presented, confident, energetic, flexible, good-humored – an enthusiastic team player.
Remuneration and benefits
- Basic salary dependent on experience
- 20 days’ vacation per year
- Health insurance; life insurance
- 401k with 2% employer match (eligible after 30 days of employment)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.