Account Manager - Consumer Accounts
Job title: Account Manager
LEWIS is seeking a knowledgeable, professional and creative Account Manager with consumer experience. This is an exciting opportunity for someone ambitious who thrives in a challenging, fast paced international environment. With an entrepreneurial work ethic, you will have a strong understanding of how to assist in the growth of an independent global organisation.
The company is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The Account Manager works closely with both their clients and team to ensure the efficient and effective running of their accounts. The Account Manager has a clear understanding of their clients’ objectives and requirements. They deliver the highest levels of service to the accounts and have the ability to build and maintain long-lasting relationships with clients. The Account Manager translates creative thinking into decisive action, prioritising tasks efficiently and continuously setting a motivating example for the rest of the team. They have exceptional media relations skills.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Maintains a consultative relationship with the client, acting as the key contact for all marketing services, defining deadlines and service agreements whilst ensuring these are met consistently by the team
- Works closely with the client to regularly review account performance, identifying and communicating opportunities for additional services, across all activation channels
- Drives the team to develop compelling and impactful content and campaigns for clients
- Works with the client and wider LEWIS team to ensure effective budget management
- Work alongside the Account Director to regularly review account performance, identifying opportunities for additional PR, marketing and digital services and projects
- Add value to new business pitches by providing support with coordination, content generation and presentation preparation
- Ensure that all client activity meets KPIs and is reported back to the client, providing insight and analysis.
- Consult with clients on media opportunities in relation to the news agenda on a daily basis
- Oversee all media relations activity on behalf of the client
- Maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers, influencers and analysts across national, trade and vertical media channels
- Provide content for campaigns and projects including press releases, articles, blog entries, social posts and other written material
- Proof-read all written materials i.e. biographies, media alerts, briefing documents, social posts etc.
- Understand and advise clients on the types of content that will work best to achieve their goals.
- Use and explore all social media tools to optimise and apply to client needs.
- Work closely with line reports to set objectives and support strengths, weaknesses and career development
- Work with the Talent team to recruit high calibre junior level candidates into the team
- Analyse success of campaigns, and alongside Account Director, identify key learnings and opportunities for continuous improvement
- Regularly attend and lead LEWIS daily press briefings and training sessions.
It is essential that you have experience working within a PR or Integrated communications agency. Lewis is constantly winning and seeking new busines, therefore you will be working on some of our existing consumer brands but also, you will be a vital part of the team to push and grow our new business further. We are looking for a skilled Account Manager with a strong understanding of clients’ business needs, issues and requirements. You will have a thorough knowledge of the media and keep up to date with current affairs. Impeccable attention to detail and excellent communication skills both written and verbal are also necessities to this role. Other key attributes include the ability to:
- Meet tight deadlines
- Remain calm in a pressurised environment
- Be a team player and coach junior members of the team
- Be an ambassador for the LEWIS brand.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.