Vice President, PR
The company is an integrated creative marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Digital Impact, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
LEWIS is seeking an experienced and ambitious Vice President to perform as a senior communications leader. This position is important for the development and growth of our Chicago and East Coast offices. The role has team and client management responsibility and is part of the East Coast senior management team. It reports into the Senior Vice President of Chicago. With the opportunity to work across national and global offices.
The VP will play a significant role in new business development, actively prospecting for leads and leading credentials, RFIs and pitches. The VP will drive excellent and consistent service for client retention, growth and profitability. Championing a collaborative and positive culture and providing leadership and hands-on development of our people are important in this role.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Help drive new business activity, networking and developing strong prospect relationships
- Lead and deliver RFIs, credentials and winning pitches
- Help build and retain a high-caliber and motivated team – inspire and nurture a first-class culture in which people can excel with a clear career path
- Manage and motivate direct reports, setting and reviewing goals; work to maximize strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development
- Develop strong relationships with clients, providing ongoing strategic consultancy, program insights and creative initiatives for retention and organic growth
- Ensure delivery of excellent, consistent service and measurable business results to clients
- Promote and drive the integration of PR and digital marketing to deliver a cohesive service offering to clients
- Manage business and operational elements, including client profitability, budgets and costs, resource planning, etc
- Champion the cascading of US clients across the LEWIS global network
- Be a collaborative, encouraging and supportive member of the US senior management team.
This is an opportunity to help grow a business based on your years of hands on agency experience winning and developing accounts, as well as of retention and organic growth of existing clients. With rounded communications experience across PR, strategic communications and digital marketing, you are comfortable talking about integrated marketing solutions involving creative, digital, demand generation, media and reputation management. You have expertise in both b2b and b2c and experience of the technology sector, but you have the aptitude to apply your skills to a variety of sectors. You lead by example, ever energetic, passionate, positive and self-driven - you are inspirational to work with. Inherently collaborative, you enjoy working across teams, functions and offices. You understand how to lead and motivate team members to achieve success for clients and the business. Experience of working in a fast paced and international environment is essential.
- Agency experience developing and managing b2b and b2c campaigns; tech sector experience
- Well connected in business and marketing communities: a habitual networker and event participator
- Experience integrating PR, digital marketing, content and broader marketing activities
- High level of business acumen: successful commercial and operational management
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future trends and potential pitfalls
- Proven track record of meeting goals; evidence of consistently making good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience and judgment
- Excel at managing and leading ambitious and creative people; a collaborative team builder who is able to instill accountability and empower people to succeed
- Knowledge of finance, operational/information systems, HR
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; an articulate and convincing presenter
- Ability to problem solve, project manage and multi-task. Will take charge of a situation and act
- Integrity, self-drive/initiative, relentless energy and a sense of humor!
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.