Research and Insights Manager
Job title Research and Insights Manager
Reporting to Head of Innovation
We're looking for a Research and Insights Manager with a knack for gathering and communicating actionable insight to a range of audiences. An Insights Manager, who is knowledgeable and experienced across a range of research methodologies and techniques, including the world of digital and social media.
You will work closely with strategic accounts and new business leads to develop them further and show an understanding. You will deliver insights on:
- Current and emerging trends
- Category performance
- Technology and trends
- Performance relative to competitors
- Target consumer groups
The company is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The overall purpose of the role is to support the growth of integrated services offering across EMEA, with a focus on multi-channel insights. This includes supporting new business efforts, the integration of LEWIS services in EMEA, and aiding in the development of best-in-class Research and Insights programmes.
- Create compelling and actionable insight debriefs and reports
- To identify insight needs and opportunities within the agency, write proposals and sell in relevant tools and services to contribute to revenue generation.
- Be highly involved on new business pitches, working collaboratively with senior leadership and new business teams
- Help promote and develop the role of insight across the agency
- Work with a range of external and bespoke data sources to develop compelling stories
- Work collaboratively with account teams on existing client business
- Keep up to speed on latest industry developments and have a strong point of view on emerging consumer trends, for the benefit of our clients.
- Champion best practice use of tools within the agency and facilitate training
- Share research best practices and findings, including customer insight, benchmarking, and industry updates
- Work with account leads to develop measurement strategies to define key performance metrics for user behaviour and marketing effectiveness based on understanding business objectives, tactics, and the customer journey
You will need to be passionate about insight and data and have an ability to tell stories through data. You will be a confident presenter who is able to turn data into compelling stories for your clients.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong, holistic expertise in research & insights
- The Ability to tell a story through data, including the identification/communication of actionable insights that will inform marketing/communications programs
- Experience integrating with planning, strategy and account teams is a plus
- Social listening experience, including advising on listening strategy, priority terms
- Experience with a variety of tools that will enable the candidate to bring fresh thinking to our current and prospective clients
- 4 years or more of relevant work experience
- Proficient in Marketing analytics tools including Campaign Manager, Google Analytics 360, SA360 or other attribution platforms
- Proficient in Google Data Studio or other BI Platforms
- Proficient accessing and transforming data into insights
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.