Senior Digital Content Specialist
The company is an integrated creative marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Digital Impact, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The Sr. Content Specialist is a key member of the content team, which is positioned to develop an integrated approach to all forms of content across the agency. The Sr. Content Specialist will drive content best practices, pushing the boundaries of innovative storytelling while delivering our client’s brand messaging across channels. This role will act as an internal content evangelist, a client-facing team member and overall contributor to the business. Writing, producing, copy editing, campaign planning and client management are integral skills for this role.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Develops a strategic viewpoint on content, acting as a specialist for internal and external stakeholders
- A storyteller at the core, who is able to clearly communicate content strategy and applies creative problem solving to their day to day
- Writes compelling content in a variety of forms, including contributed articles (bylines), blog posts, eBooks, infographics, Q&As, white papers, case studies, social media posts and more
- Builds knowledge of business, technology, consumer and mainstream trends to inform the direction of the content and provide context within writing style
- Understands basic SEO and how data informs strategic content development
Team working and development
- Collaborates with account leads and cross-functionally within the agency to develop impactful and cohesive content
- Provides support, advice and creative thinking regarding content and campaigns on an on-going basis
- Works closely with the client and account teams to identify new opportunities
- Understands client’s business goals and translates needs into deliverables and actions
- Is a client-facing resource and point of contact for content strategy and execution
- Ghost-writer for clients, who builds and maintains relationships with key client stakeholders and other subject-matter experts, including strategically approaching intake interviews
- Participates in brainstorms, works with teams on developing editorial and content strategies for new business proposals
- Runs content audits for new clients, with support from VP/Content team
- Works with VP to help pitch content services and works with perspective new clients to develop content ideas and strategies
- Supports the Content team on initiatives and projects
- Client-facing across accounts
- Able to manage heavy deliverable needs (long form content)
- Attends LEWIS training sessions and press briefings to enhance skills and develop knowledge
- Day-to-day, ad hoc and project administrative duties
- Proven ability in writing, editing and proofreading digital content
- Experience writing as a brand’s voice across digital properties
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Detailed knowledge of social media platforms, obsessed with platform and technology trends
- Experience dealing with editors, bloggers and online influencers
- Collaborative, articulate thinker with the ability to take creative direction under pressure
- Calmness under pressure and ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Creative thinking and independent problem solving
- Time management and organization
- Acute attention to detail
- Positive, constructive attitude
- Polished and professional appearance
- Experience working with digital marketing tools such as Meltwater, SEM Rush, Yoast, Google Search Console, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Cision, IT Database, Marketo and Eloqua a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably with an English, PR, Journalism or marketing-related major)
- At least 2-3 years of content or digital marketing experience
- Thought leadership experience and ghost writing (for executives) is a plus.
- Journalism experience is a plus.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.