Account Director - Digital
Job title Account Director, Digital
Based London HQ
Reporting to Head of Innovation
LEWIS is seeking an exceptional Digital Account Director to help with the strategic and commercial development of the UK’s digital marketing practice. Reporting to the Head of Innovation, the role will help convert new business opportunities, facilitate organic growth and act as a strategic counsel to clients on their integrated marketing journey.
This is an opportunity that will suit an ambitious professional who relishes the chance to help grow a business, thrives on challenges and on working in a fast paced, international environment. With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you understand how to best apply this spirit to a growing independent global organisation.
The company is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors which include talented people delivering award winning campaigns and expanding client relationships into new markets or services. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The Account Director is a senior, strategic and creative client-facing position providing leadership to a team of Account Managers and Account Executives. The focus of the role is to build and maintain client relationships, with responsibility for account profitability, excellent client service, cross-selling services and products, and team and people development.
A component of this role is the ability to help win, lead, retain and grow accounts by bringing strategic and creative insights to client pitches, proposals and programs. There will also be opportunities on global accounts, working with our EMEA and APAC teams.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with top-tier clients, provide strategic digital consultancy and initiatives for retention and organic growth
- Ensure the delivery of excellent client service and satisfaction as well as the delivery of consistent standards of excellence across LEWIS’ accounts
- Plan, implement and maintain digital marketing and social media (organic and paid) projects/campaigns for LEWIS clients, creating innovative and targeted opportunities
- Use social listening tools and analytical services to generate insight, fuel social conversation and maximise SEO activity
- Measure client growth and impact across all social and paid media channels including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and Google Ads
- Refine methodologies in full funnel marketing measurement and reporting of ROI
- Monitor and report on account KPIs, ensuring accurate reporting by the team
- Ensure profitability of all accounts and effectively manage budgets
- Address any reasons for client dissatisfaction and/or churn without delay, and put in place proactive steps to improve on the relationship with LEWIS
- Actively contribute to the new business process: act on leads generated and help turn them into tangible opportunities
- Ensure that financial and operating processes and procedures are properly executed
- Lead and motivate an ambitious team of digital communications professionals; work closely with line reports to maximize strengths, improve weaknesses, support career development, ensuring that appraisals are completed
- Support capacity planning to ensure that resources are appropriately matched with the size of the retainer/project
- Run training sessions to maximise opportunities to expand skills and grow revenues
- Work closely with HR to attract new talent; actively participate in candidate interviews
- Be a collaborative, encouraging and supportive member of the UK team.
You are business minded with long-term strategic vision. You have experience leading digital and integrated teams within an agency. You have an impressive track record of retention and organic growth of clients. You are an outstanding leader, with the ability and passion to structure, develop and motivate a strong team. You are comfortable working with large, top-tier brands and presenting to C-suite executives, as well as providing ongoing strategic guidance to clients.
You have intimate knowledge of the digital marketing mix, including social media, content, marketing operations, SEO, SEM, display advertising, analytics, creative. Experience in communications, content marketing and data-driven storytelling is a plus. You are skilled in managing budgets, commercials, staffing and resources. You love what you do and value the importance of fun in the creative process.
- Background working in a communications, digital, advertising or marketing agency with tier one brands, providing C-level executives with strategic digital consultancy
- Experience overseeing full funnel B2B marketing programs; familiarity with holistic reporting on ROI
- Skilled at integrating digital marketing with PR, content and broader marketing
- Track record of driving revenue growth and exceeding goals; evidence of consistent sound decision making through a combination of analysis, experience and judgment
- High level of business acumen; successful budget and resource management
- Excel at managing and leading ambitious people; a collaborative team builder who is able to instil accountability and empower people to succeed
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to problem solve, project manage and multi-task. Will take charge of a situation and act, taking unpopular stands when necessary.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.