The company is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
You are a forward thinking, engaging Frontend Developer with a user centred approach to creating brilliant design experiences. Working directly for the Head of Development and Executive Creative Director within an exciting and expanding team, you will work alongside other digital creatives and developers devising visually arresting and engaging websites, mobile applications and e-campaigns that surprise and delight users, exploiting cutting edge development techniques and methods.
You will live and breathe development and will be able to demonstrate your ability to not only create complex solutions, but also understand how to architect development solutions that uphold the initial vision and delivers business benefit.
You will be hungry to learn and develop, and in return you will be welcomed into a tight knit, evolving team that is part of a unique agency with ambitious growth plans.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Work closely with the Executive Creative Director, Head of Development and other developers to maintain and evolve the development standards of the agency
- Extends development it to include commercial aspects and business value considerations
- Demonstrates high levels of attention to detail and standards of accuracy in all code deliverables
- Works as part of a New Business pitch team to sell the capabilities of the development function
- Develops and progresses opportunities to diversify the development product portfolio, highlighting opportunities to expand the agency capability set
- Maintains regular day-to-day contact with key internal stakeholders to manage their expectations
- Motivates colleagues to work together in the most efficient manner including Project Management and Client Services
- Supports the HR / talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at LEWIS across social media and via the referral scheme
We are looking for a hardworking and passionate Frontend developer to contribute to the continuous improvement and growth at LEWIS. You will have extensive Frontend Development experience and the ability to work in a pressurised environment towards tight deadlines.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Advanced experience with an MV* framework preferably vue.js
- HTML/CSS3/SASS practices that support responsive design, progressive enhancement, SEO best practices, W3C and accessibility standards across both desktop and mobile web
- Strong vanilla JS skills and experience with ES6 and jQuery
- SVG animation experience with Canvas / CSS3 Keyframes / JS animation
- Understanding of back-end programming concepts and PHP
- Experience developing in WordPress
- Experience using Photoshop and/or Sketch in collaboration with UX/UI design
- Confident communication, both written and verbal – occasional client meetings may be required
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.