Chief Scientist (Senior Director)
Thank you for your interest in the Chief Scientist position in the LEO Science and Tech Hub in Cambridge MA.
The LEO Science & Tech Hub is a R&D innovation unit of LEO Pharma. We explore cutting-edge science and technology opportunities with relevance to dermatology. By partnering with public and private institutions in the world’s leading life science cluster in Boston, we act as a catalyst to transform early-stage innovations and technologies into solutions that will improve the quality of life for people with skin diseases. LEO Science & Tech Hub was officially inaugurated in September 2016.
For more information, visit the Innovation Ecosystem page on the LEO Pharma global website.
What will you do as the Chief Scientist as part of the Science and Tech Hub Group:
- In this role you will lead the scientific agenda in establishing and maintaining strong science (preclinical and translational) in the LEO Science & Tech Hub and LEO Pharma to match the company’s vision of becoming the preferred dermatology care partner.
- Build and maintaining strong external network in academia and scientific communities within relevant basic sciences and translational Dermatology.
- Establishing and maintaining strong internal network within LEO R&D and other relevant functions as well as within the Boston/Cambridge life science and biotech community.
- Development of scientific strategies to utilize new science for the benefit of patients.
- In alignment with LEO’s strategy identify collaboration opportunities around novel technologies and next generation therapies for skin diseases (and other areas of interest)
- Advise on preclinical science in all LEO Science & Tech Hub projects.
- Input to BD triage teams on the quality of preclinical data.
- Act as the Preclinical scientific lead in the LEO Science & Tech Hub and towards LEO in general.
- Closely collaborate with the VP of the LEO Science & Tech Hub to ensure continuity and high standard in projects and operations.
What you bring to this role?
- A PhD or minimally a MSc in the area of pharmacy or related subjects such as pharmacology or biology.
- 8+ years of R&D experience in exploratory phase from idea to human PoC with a strong understanding of drug discovery.
- Preferably 2 years of project management experience – resource management, capacity management, performance management, change management.
- Proven track record of driving successful cross functional teams.
- 5 years working in Discovery/Development interface.
- Broad knowledge in pharma, translational research and exploratory clinical trials.
- Solid understanding of Inflammation / immunology / immune tolerance and/or Therapeutic gene manipulation / cell therapies.
- Ability to work in a high-powered team and impact across multiple disciplines.
- Out-of-the-box thinker, comfortable with setting own goals in areas of high uncertainty.
- Willing to take risks and evaluate opportunities.
- Proactive problem solving and communication.
- Complete all company-based and job-related training as assigned by LEO Pharma within the required timeline.
- Additional duties as assigned by LEO Pharma Management.
Ready to learn more about LEO Pharma?
LEO Pharma has been pioneering medical innovations for more than 110 years. Today, LEO Pharma looks to constantly improve and extend what is possible for the benefit of patients. Our rapidly expanding product portfolio and pipeline includes global therapeutic areas in psoriasis, eczema, skin infections, acne, rosacea and, most recently, rare disease.
LEO Pharma believes in challenging the status quo, so we approach dermatology “beyond the skin.” Our global innovation ecosystem includes internal research and development, digital health via the LEO Innovation Lab, based in Copenhagen, and the LEO Science & Tech Hub, housed in Cambridge, Mass.
As we look to shape our U.S. footprint now and in the future, we pride ourselves on our agile and entrepreneurial environment. It allows passionate people to collaborate and push the boundaries of science in hopes to provide solutions for patients.
We offer a competitive compensation package, 401k match, vision, dental and health insurance, annual bonus, three weeks’ vacation to start, a culture that emphasizes work-life balance, both paternity and maternity leave, free membership to the on-site gym, bagel Monday’s and - most of all - a FUN and celebratory work environment.
Let’s wrap this up
If you are interested in joining a growing and nimble company, and help shape the future of medical dermatology, then send in your resume today!
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Leo Pharma’s mission. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at LEO Pharma Inc.
LEO Pharma Inc. seeks information for job applications from candidates in the U.S. through only the following channels: the LEO Pharma Inc. website and Halogen Talent Acquisition, powered by Jobvite via email to/from addresses using only the LEO Pharma domain of "@leo-pharma.com" screening and interaction by telephone and through the Microsoft Teams platform.
LEO Pharma does not use Google Hangouts, Zoom or any other platform for any recruitment-related activities.
Disregard any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with LEO Pharma via any other means and/or using email addresses with any other domain.
LEO Pharma will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with the company.
If you have any questions about LEO Pharma Inc. and the application process, please email the company’s U.S. People and Communications team at HRUS@leo-pharma.com.