The Planner is responsible for uncovering fresh consumer insight and developing inspiring creative ideas. Provides brand strategy, research expertise and adept at data mining. Has ability to see the bigger picture and cut through to what will make the biggest impact for the client’s business. Partners with creative, media, and account management to develop effective ideas. Delivers a clear, concise point of view supported by data. Powerful brand storyteller that can engage and inspire teams. Hold the line and advance the every-day missions that the department must deliver on, with oversight from senior team members.
- Meets with clients and leads detailed discussions to understand their objectives.
- Analyzes market research and collects information regarding consumer behavior. Then is able to analyze this data to contribute to briefings by communicating information and impact.
- Analyzes client data to support an idea and frame up a business opportunity.
- Ability to understand and translate complex ideas and data into simple stories that inspire our teams.
- Write succinct and inspiring creative briefs - turnkey insights into actionable ideas.
- Be a strategic yet creative thinker – develop hypotheses, think through possible solutions, and communicate ideas in an interesting way.
- Executes projects from brief to presentation.
- Commissions qualitative and/or quantitative research to build strategies or test creative ideas.
- Supports new business pitches with data analysis, consumer interviews, and whatever else it takes to win.
- Knows the social, digital, and mobile landscape; understands how consumers use them, and demonstrates creative ideas about how brands can join in.
- Be curious, keep up with cultural trends across consumer segments – be in tune with what is going on in media, pop culture, culture, (etc.) – turn those cultural trends and insights into great creative ideas.
- Develop well-thought-out presentations and be able to present it both internally and externally.
- Proactively recommends research, articles, cocktails, and anything else to make us stronger.
- Masters our research tools (Simmons, Mintel, NetBase ) and can get the most out of them for our clients and business pitches.
- Clearly articulate your ideas in a confident and persuasive manner (internally and to clients)
- Understand the impact of a multicultural America on our client’s business.
- Be collaborative – work well within a SI team and work well across all other teams (whether creative, brand management or client teams)
- Be confident and ask good questions, clearly communicate your idea/POV, write strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in area of specialty
- 3+ years of experience in the field or related area, preferably in the Marketing & Advertising industry.
- Quantitative and/or qualitative research experience.
- Demonstrates innate curiosity to continuously explore topics inside our field (consumer, media and marketing trends) or outside (whatever tickles your fancy).
- Appreciation for creativity and the creative environment.
- Ability to slice, dice and dissect numbers, trends, and large spreadsheets.
- Bi-lingual English Spanish is a plus
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) including the ability to deliver exciting presentations to small teams.