Junior Account Planner
THIRD EAR speaks human by focusing on what brings people together rather than what makes them different. We're a team that applies creativity to find solutions that speak to the humanity in people, so we can create impact for the brands we work on.
We take pride in the connections we make to the people on our team, our customers, and our vendors. Our full-service agency offers competitive compensation and benefits, a culture of support and encouragement, and a committed team of people focused on personal and professional growth.
THIRD EAR offers a robust benefits package including health, dental, vision, company paid life and STD/LTD insurance, 401(k) matching, paid time off, parental leave, paid parking, annual wellness program, hybrid work schedule and Summer Fridays.
The Junior Planner assists the Account Planner and Chief Strategy Officer in providing research and strategic direction to guide and inform creative development, and to help contextualize and sell creative work. This role is responsible for staying on top of cultural and consumer trends and presenting findings to the broader team, helping to uncover unique insights that guide creative work, and contribute to writing the creative brief.
- Analyze market research and collect information regarding consumer behavior
- Proactively recommend research, articles, cocktails, and anything else to make us smarter and more insightful about consumer behavior
- Master our research tools (Simmons, OnePulse, etc.) and get the most out of them for our clients and business pitches
- Analyze client data to support an idea and frame up a business opportunity
- Assist in transforming data into strategic narratives that inspire our teams
- Assist in executing projects from brief to presentation
- Assist with qualitative and/or quantitative research to build strategies or test creative ideas
- Support new business pitches with data analysis, consumer interviews, video editing, and whatever else it takes to win
- Know the social, digital, and mobile landscape; understand how consumers use them, and conjure innovative ideas about how brands can join in
- Effectively collaborate with internal and external teams such as clients, creative teams, account management, media teams, and others to help shape ideas for campaigns
- Demonstrates innate curiosity to continuously explore topics inside our field (consumer, media, marketing trends) or outside (whatever you’re passionate about)
- Appreciation for creativity and a creative environment
- Ability to slice, dice, and dissect numbers, trends, and large spreadsheets (Excel)
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) including the ability to deliver exciting presentations to small/medium-sized teams
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in area of specialty (Advertising, Marketing, etc.)
- 1-2 years of experience in the field or related area, preferably in the Marketing & Advertising industry
- Quantitative and/or qualitative research experience
- Bilingual English-Spanish is preferred, but not required
- Prolonged periods of working on a computer.