Social Media Planner
THIRD EAR speaks human by focusing on what brings people together rather than what makes them different. We're a team that applies creativity to find solutions that speak to the humanity in people, so we can create impact for the brands we work on.
We take pride in the connections we make to the people on our team, our customers, and our vendors. Our full-service agency offers competitive compensation and benefits, a culture of support and encouragement, and a committed team of people focused on personal and professional growth.
As the Social Media Planner, you’ll be tasked to help lead the overall paid social media efforts of one of THIRD EAR’s largest clients. You’re responsible for helping to develop social media strategies, build and implement plans and programs that help achieve client business goals, find new ways to drive engagement with consumer audiences, and deliver growth.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about social media and comfortable working with various teams across other media, strategy, and creative disciplines. This person brings experience with advanced media formats and new platforms like TikTok and Instagram Reels and is comfortable with testing new platform features.
The Social Media Planner will be both an expert in social media and a collaborative team member, who is adept at multi-tasking and can thrive as strategist, creative thinker, and people manager.
Attributes & Skills
- Proactive – resourceful and takes initiative; comes forward with solutions vs. stating the problem at hand
- Time management, multi-tasking skills, and interpersonal skills
- Accountable to internal and external timelines and deliverables ensuring deadlines are met
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Critical thinker and natural “strategic dot connector"– able to spot issues and opportunities
- Intellectually curious – asks the right questions to deepen understanding; doesn’t just accept things at face value; thirsty to understand the client’s industry and operating environment
- Leadership – confident in decision making and supporting other team members; visible in meetings; not afraid to question or vocalize opinions
- Manage overall planning and execution of paid social initiatives on major platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube.
- Serve as the main point of contact and social media thought-leader with key marketing and creative partners to develop campaigns.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of social media campaigns from planning through to publishing.
- Identify and implement operational efficiencies in social planning and cross-team collaboration processes.
- Supports larger analytics team in measurement and reporting initiatives to show the impact of social media campaigns; exercise ability to develop insights and recommendations to inform future planning.
- Manage and coach junior social media planner with a focus on team collaboration, growth, and mentorship.
- Act as a social media thought leader by staying informed and communicating platform changes as they rapidly evolve. Be proactive in informing the team of social media trends and opportunities that directly support the client’s social media strategy.
What Success Looks Like
The Social Media Planner is successful when they are:
- Contributing to and growing the success of media plans, recommendations, POV’s, etc.
- Seamless translation and execution of client communication strategies into actionable social media buys
- Notably growing skillset and responsibilities of the Junior Social Media Planner so they can begin managing higher level of responsibilities
- Seamlessly integrating and collaborating with other agency disciplines during planning and reporting
Minimum qualifications to be in this role are:
- Solid understanding of paid social media planning and buying functions
- Proven track record managing large-scale social campaigns
- Comfortable with data, analytics, and measurement
- Knowledge of current trends and innovations in media, specifically social landscape
- 3-6 years of work experience in a relevant field (advertising/media)
- Experience across other digital media channels such as Programmatic, display, streaming video and audio, etc.
THIRD EAR offers a robust benefits package including health, dental, vision, company paid life and STD/LTD insurance, 401(k) matching, hybrid work schedule, paid time off, parental leave, paid parking, annual wellness program and Summer Fridays.
We are an EEO employer and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in our staff operations, and services.