Associate Media Director, Strategy
Third Ear speaks human by focusing on what brings people together rather than what makes them different. We're a team that applies creativity to find solutions that speak to the humanity in people, so we can create impact for the brands we work in.
We take pride in the connections we make to the people on our team, our customers, and our vendors. Our full-service agency offers competitive compensation and benefits, a culture of support and encouragement, and a committed team of people focused on personal and professional growth.
As the Associate Media Director, you are responsible for setting the working style for the planning group, leading the strategic direction for all campaigns, and serving as a marketing partner for our clients. This person strives to be an expert on the client’s business as well as a leader within the agency and liaison between senior management and junior team members.
The Associate Media Director must demonstrate strong working knowledge of the media space across all channels and can easily identify strategic use cases. This person can navigate the balance between client service and fostering a positive and productive team culture.
The Associate Media Director is successful when they are:
- Evolving and growing the sophistication of media plans, recommendations, POV’s, etc.
- Frequently satisfying and surprising clients with new ways of thinking/planning with direct correlation to campaign success and client business growth
- Notably growing skillset and responsibilities of junior team members
- Seamlessly integrating and collaborating with other agency disciplines during planning
The job responsibilities for the Associate Media Director lies in four key areas:
Business Understanding: Serve as the specialist across all client’s business with a deep understanding of their business vertical across both brand and product. It is imperative that you have a grasp of their business challenges, goals, and objectives to deliver relevant solutions and recommendations.
Relationship Building: Ensuring collaboration, diplomacy, and trust across 3E clients, 3E media team, 3E agency team, key media partners, and partnering agency teams.
Strategic Leadership: Lead the strategic direction and execution of all campaigns across 3E media client portfolio, balancing an “art & science” approach. This will require data-led strategic thinking, thought leadership, fostering a creative environment, and working with a hunger for innovation.
Team Development: Manage and develop the skillsets of junior planning team members. As the Planning team lead it is imperative that your own thought leadership, strategic vision, and skillset is exercised in a way that allows those working with you to learn and grow.
Minimum qualifications to be in this role are:
- Solid understanding of media planning functions across both traditional and digital media
- Client service experience
- Comfortable with data, analytics, and measurement
- Proven leadership ability – experience managing and growing a team of planners and supervisors
- Knowledge of current trends and innovations in media
- 5-7 years of work experience in a relevant field (advertising/media)