Media Planning Supervisor
THIRD EAR is on a mission to listen first, speak human and truly connect with people as part of a unique approach to help brands win with the new consumer mainstream. Headquartered in Austin, TX, THIRD EAR is a full-service creative agency offering Strategic Intelligence, Creative Development, Branding & Design, Content Development, Social Media, Experiential Marketing and Media Strategy & Investment to its many clients.
The Media Planning Supervisor is responsible for working directly with clients and internal departments to develop the strategic direction of all campaigns across media. They will also manage the execution of tactical elements for all media while assisting management with new strategic initiatives as needed.
- Supervise, coach, and mentor Planners, Assistants, and Interns to deliver work on strategy, on time, within budget, and under Agency’s standards and Client’s needs
- Ability to think strategically, applying experience in developing media plans that include traditional, non-traditional, and emerging media strategies
- Develop and maintains strong relationships with clients, particularly media management
- Responsible for the evaluation, recommendation, and implementation of necessary media syndicated resources and tools
- Responsible for managing budgets and providing reallocation/optimization recommendations where appropriate to achieve campaign goals
- Core contributor to strategic Client initiatives; build a deep understanding of the Client’s business and category and builds similar understanding within their team
- Assist leadership in major pitches for new business to ensure that all media strategies are implemented and additive when appropriate
- Oversee appropriate media commission and/or fees, balancing Agency needs with Client needs
- Accountable for the delivery of media goals that meet or exceed hard and/or soft Client media metrics, ensuring its successful performance and profitability for the Agency
- Identify and understand target audiences and understand their behaviors and habits
- Design innovative and creative strategies to make sure marketing campaigns reach the target audience in the most effective way possible.
- Determine the most effective media mix to display media across multiple platforms
- Experiment with new platforms and channels
- Strategically implementing digital ads campaigns across in-house ads platforms, including Facebook Ads, Google Ads, and other various DSP platforms
- Optimize campaigns to meet and exceed KPI’s through strategic campaign set-up, quality assurance, and ongoing management
- BS/BA in Advertising or Marketing
- 4-6 years of experience in media and digital planning and/or strategy
- Experience within an agency setting
- 0-2 years of experience managing a team
- Proven ability to deliver strategy that aligns to Client business goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel along with strong analytical skills
- Experience with ad servers like Sizmek, Google Ad Manager, or the like
- Hands-on experience with search & social buying platforms including: Facebook, Google Ads, and any other DSP
- Enjoy working cross-functionally with other teams