The Staff Accountant, is responsible for overseeing the day to day accounting operations within the agency. They are tasked with managing AP/AR as it relates to Operating, Production, and Media. Assists the Controller on general ledger needs. Helps create processes, improve accuracy, drive efficiency, and elevate communication between Project Managers and Account Leadership. Identifies opportunities to improve process and team relationships.
What you'll do:
- Reconcile WIP balances
- Handle all project accounting, budgeting, reporting, collections, and disbursement
- Review of billing process and job status with Account Leadership, Media, and Project Managers to ensure timely client billing and identify improvement opportunities
- General Ledger entries and controls. AP/AR
- Client and Internal, AP, and AR reporting
- Revenue tracking and posting
- Employee disbursements
- Expense reports and weekly processing
- Assist Controller with year end close deadline
- AURA onboarding for financial systems, job cost reviews, and understanding overall functions for billing.
- Look for opportunities to consolidate / batch time consuming activities
- Other duties, as assigned.
What you need:
- Proficiency with Mediaocean/Brandocean or similar Accounting System.
- Knowledge of GAAP and general accounting processes.
- Maintains a high standard of integrity and ethics.
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing environments
- The ability to work independently, work well under deadlines, multi-task and maintain error free record keeping.
- Team player with willingness to be flexible to ensure team objectives are met
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- Ability to spot issues and create opportunities, anticipate potential outcomes and propose solutions
- Problem solving attitude and customer service mentality with high sense of ownership and pride in your work
- Skill in being a self-starter and takes initiative
- Knowledge of leadership skills and ability to execute
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office: Excel, Word and/or other project management platforms (MS Teams etc.)
If you have the following please submit a resume for review:
- 1+ years accounting experience in an agency or service-oriented environment
- Advertising or marketing agency experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office: Excel, Word and/or other project management platforms (MS Teams, etc)
What THIRD EAR has to offer you
$40000-$50000 per year
Health, Dental and Vision insurance plans. Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance. 401K matching. Paid time off. Parental Leave. Employee Assistance Program. Summer Fridays. Free downtown parking. Annual wellness program. Hybrid work schedule.
True to our roots is the belief that the diversity of our Team is our greatest strength. THIRD EAR is committed to fostering an open environment where all are welcomed no matter your race, ethnicity, physical ability, country of origin, age, spiritual beliefs, sexual orientation or gender identity. We just want awesome, collaborative, inquisitive human beings who share in our vision of what makes an agency remarkable.
Make sure to visit us at www.WeAreThirdEar.com to learn more